Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Couples and Privacy: Where Do You Draw the Line?

Cafe AmyB
Yesterday at 11:09 AM
Giveaway: "August is Family Fun Month!" Win a $25 Gift Card! - CafeMom

Let's Play....How many words can you make out of the words:August is Family Fun MonthPlease reply with one word at a tim

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:06 PM
  • 232 Replies

Some couples feel they need to share everything with each other. Others feel there should be some things you keep secret from your spouse.

Sex and Relationship Expert Ian Kerner joins the Mad Life team to weigh in on this revealing conversation!

Do you and your spouse share everything?

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JennMcBride
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:47 PM
4 moms liked this

We share everything lol. I don't think he remembers all the passwords but he tells me his so he dosen't forget lol. 

abra
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:02 PM
48 moms liked this
Ha, ha! Yeah, the open door dump, not necessary, although not the end of the world if it does happen. After four HG pregnancies and four labor and deliveries (all with my hubby there)I learned that he is the only person I am truly 100% comfortable with. There were several times where I needed his help getting out of bed, let alone taking a shower, bathrooms and barfing... there are lots of indelicate situations I needed help with and he was there for me and that strengthened our bond. But for the everyday topics aside from bodily functions, yes, we share everything. Marriage is the act of two people who are trying to become one. What do you think sex represents? If you are unwilling to be completely open with your spouse and share everything, you are holding on to a piece of your individuality and that (on some level or another) automatically dooms the enjoyability and/or success rate of your marriage. Marriage is an all or nothing endeavor. If you aren't willing to share everything with your spouse, then you aren't ready to commit to a marriage. Trust is earned, it is not a given. It is when we blindly trust another human being that we end up getting hurt the worst.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:06 PM
3 moms liked this

We share everything.  We are each other's best friend and we are the only people each of us trusts 100% so there is no reason not so share everything. 

Rushn311
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I share mostly everything with my hubby. If I can't share things with him, that just feels strange to me...some things I just can't share that are about him, I go to my best friend. LOL

C8linVilla
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:44 PM
6 moms liked this

I have only pooped while my husband was home maybe 10 times lol. And ONLY when he is sleeping or playing xbox! idk its simply weird to me! I dont fart in front of him and i very rarely burp. some things are simply for those who do it. Hubs on the other hand poops with the door open! Tells me if he is constipated or whatever. but he is a man lol

vinalex0581
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:45 PM

we share everything.

we feel comfortable pooping in front of each other but for someone reason he refuses to wipe in front of me.

i have asked him why before but he just said i just don't feel comfortable doing that.

frankiesma530
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:47 PM
8 moms liked this
We do share everything but you won't catch us dropping deuces in front of each other. LOL
C8linVilla
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:47 PM
2 moms liked this

But everything else We know each others passwords(but he never uses any of his stuff lol so doesnt matter) and I let him on my fb and what not all the time. Nothing to hide there. I am not a fan of him in the room with my giving birth but thats because i dont want him to SEE me poop while in labor LOL which only happened with my oldest. but other then that we are open and tell each other everything. but body functions is something I think should be kept to yourself

MommySwiggles
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

We share everything.  He doesn't bug me when I am in the bathroom but if he needs to come in, it's no big deal.  He has seen me give birth 3 times.  Nothing left to hide haha.

kameka
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:51 PM
2 moms liked this
We're of the mind, regarding bodily functions, that if it happens it happens, but we don't really aknowledge it. Everything else is shared with enthusiasm lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)