Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Couples and Privacy: Where Do You Draw the Line?

Posted by   + Show Post

Some couples feel they need to share everything with each other. Others feel there should be some things you keep secret from your spouse.

Sex and Relationship Expert Ian Kerner joins the Mad Life team to weigh in on this revealing conversation!

Do you and your spouse share everything?

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Replies (231-232):
TheBabyFactory4
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2013 at 5:47 PM
I agree with this

Quoting abra:

Ha, ha! Yeah, the open door dump, not necessary, although not the end of the world if it does happen. After four HG pregnancies and four labor and deliveries (all with my hubby there)I learned that he is the only person I am truly 100% comfortable with. There were several times where I needed his help getting out of bed, let alone taking a shower, bathrooms and barfing... there are lots of indelicate situations I needed help with and he was there for me and that strengthened our bond. But for the everyday topics aside from bodily functions, yes, we share everything. Marriage is the act of two people who are trying to become one. What do you think sex represents? If you are unwilling to be completely open with your spouse and share everything, you are holding on to a piece of your individuality and that (on some level or another) automatically dooms the enjoyability and/or success rate of your marriage. Marriage is an all or nothing endeavor. If you aren't willing to share everything with your spouse, then you aren't ready to commit to a marriage. Trust is earned, it is not a given. It is when we blindly trust another human being that we end up getting hurt the worst.
critter_boo
by Bronze Member on Jun. 5, 2013 at 8:11 PM
This

Quoting frankiesma530:

We do share everything but you won't catch us dropping deuces in front of each other. LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)