Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Couples and Privacy: Where Do You Draw the Line?

Posted by   + Show Post

Some couples feel they need to share everything with each other. Others feel there should be some things you keep secret from your spouse.

Sex and Relationship Expert Ian Kerner joins the Mad Life team to weigh in on this revealing conversation!

Do you and your spouse share everything?

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Replies (31-40):
bchic24
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:18 PM
We are very open! We know every password, and we talk freely about upset stomachs and other issues BUT I like my potty time to be just me lol. My husband and I will come in and per while the other is showering but neither one of us is really interested in seeing the other have a bowel movemt lol.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coupon_ash_back
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:19 PM

we share everything. NORMAL bodily functions arent secretive to us. Not a big deal..

MamaScho88
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:21 PM

My husband and I share everything...we don't share passwords thougu because there really isn't anything I would need his password for and vice versa...he only has an email through the college and only uses it for school work....I only go on cafemom and i-am-pregnant.com and he doesnt care to look at that lol we share all of our secrets and walk in on eachother in the bathroom/shower no big deal...I think the only thing we dont do in front of eachother is poo lol I knock before I go in and ask what he is doing first and if thats what he is doing I wont go in and give him his privacy, and he does the same for me...other than that anything goes :)

CJsMommy92
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:23 PM

It honestly depends on the people in the realtionship. Some people need privacy to feel like their own person. My husband and I share everything. I know his passwords and he knows mine. We are both comfortable and happy like this

GwenMB
by Bronze Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:26 PM

We don't have each other's passwords, but we would give them to the other if needed.  I could still check his email or fb if I wanted since he has his own laptop so I could just go on it & look.  But I completely trust him so there really is no need.

We do give complete privacy for bathroom stuff, though.  I'm like Joanie in that.  Keep a little mystery!

We do share everything else, though, that is at all significant to either one.  I don't share secrets my friends have told me, but otherwise, I tell him everything.

LoveOfWisdom
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:34 PM
5yrs and 3 kids later nothing is private lol. I don't know if he knows my passwords, but they are saved so its not hard to look them up but have his passwords since I take care of most of his school paperwork. His emails even come to my phone.
kmorales7690
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:35 PM
We hate everything and I wouldn't have it any other way!
katy.helmling
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:40 PM

He's given me his password to check his Facebook once, but I don't remember it.  I trust him and what not.  I check his cell phone for him from time to time and read the messages to him but that's it.  

mickstinator
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Oh, it is fully within our rights as a married couple to share everything, but we choose to leave a few secrets around. I like not knowing details of his bowel movements. 

Passwords, however, are all shared with each other. 

lexismom90
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM
I am not married but we share everything! Passwords, pins, we know everything.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN