Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Couples and Privacy: Where Do You Draw the Line?

Posted by   + Show Post

Some couples feel they need to share everything with each other. Others feel there should be some things you keep secret from your spouse.

Sex and Relationship Expert Ian Kerner joins the Mad Life team to weigh in on this revealing conversation!

Do you and your spouse share everything?

by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Replies (41-50):
slw123
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:58 PM

No.  We don't keep things secret, but he doesn't ask for my passwords and I don't ask for his.  I'm sure that we would supply them to each other if we wanted to know them.  But we do share the important stuff.  We don't share bathroom time though  =[

AidansMomMom
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

lmao! that would be horrible if he had a vacation from work or something. I have a friend that waits until everyone leaves before she poos though lmao

Quoting C8linVilla:

I have only pooped while my husband was home maybe 10 times lol. And ONLY when he is sleeping or playing xbox! idk its simply weird to me! I dont fart in front of him and i very rarely burp. some things are simply for those who do it. Hubs on the other hand poops with the door open! Tells me if he is constipated or whatever. but he is a man lol

sheena696
by New Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:03 PM

My husband and I pretty much have nothing that we keep from each other. lol We don't have each others Facebook due to the fact that we had a very funny, and yes very immature, war a few times. lol We went just did silly stuff to each others page. So we guard that password from each other, but other than that nothing is secret. lol You name it, we've done it.

C8linVilla
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol naw its pretty easy. He is a hard sleeper and falls asleep withing about 2 min. I wait until he is on Call of duty and started the round. that gives me about 6-8 min right there lol. Also if ghost adventures is on that gives me an hour. But usually he is working on cars, on the xbox or at his brothers house. so its pretty easy. Or we are out shopping so that works too. But yes a vacation would suck! Ive been with him for 7 years(living with him) and have yet to have an issue though. but im sure ill regret posting this lol he will get a vacation or something now!

Quoting AidansMomMom:

lmao! that would be horrible if he had a vacation from work or something. I have a friend that waits until everyone leaves before she poos though lmao

Quoting C8linVilla:

I have only pooped while my husband was home maybe 10 times lol. And ONLY when he is sleeping or playing xbox! idk its simply weird to me! I dont fart in front of him and i very rarely burp. some things are simply for those who do it. Hubs on the other hand poops with the door open! Tells me if he is constipated or whatever. but he is a man lol

Celtic_Dragon
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Psh. When you get old, you're going to have to watch that other pee and pop. You might even have to dress that person or even wipe their butt.

workoutmom2b1g
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:09 PM

If you can't share everything, then your up to something is my motto. Its not like I look at his email all day. So silly. Oh and the bathroom issue. Good luck closing the door when you have kids!! LOL...

EmmasMommy2011
by New Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM

We share almost everything. Sorry I think it's just gross if your in the bathroom with SO while pooping or vice versa. Peeing is different. 

RobsPrincess24
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:15 PM

DH and I share everything. I intend on being together the rest of our lives, so what is the point in not sharing everything?

garnet83
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Bathroom door is always closed and locked. Neither of us want an audience. He would prefer that we not have any secrets. He makes a point to have my passwords. I couldn't care less about his password to anything and I've made no attempt to obtain any. I don't care about his emails or facebook or whatever. I don't know if he actually looks at mine or not, but he seems to think that not sharing passwords means there's something to hide, which I think is proposterous. He's a bit of a hyprocrit in that way. He felt betrayed when he found out about a past relationship of mine that I'd never mentioned, but he refuses to talk about any of his previous gf's. I don't really care about them, but I find it interesting that he has the double standard. We just aren't on the same page. He wants to know everything. I only care about the things that matter.

BeiberHATER
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 3:32 PM
2 moms liked this
We share everything BUT he has a strict NO BATHROOM policy. We have never taken a shower together and we have never been in the bathroom at the same time. I just don't think I need to be in the bathroom while he is on the toilet. The bathroom is our time to ourselves. I know I love to light some candles and fire up a joint and take a hot bubble bath. The moment and mood is ruined if your husband comes in take a piss/crap.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN