Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Family time?

Posted by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:35 PM
  • 16 Replies

What do you to to encourage good family time?

We always do dinner together and talk about the kids days etc.  We have family game night and basically do everything together. 

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Dinner nightly&movies/game nights!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:17 PM

We do family dinners as well.  We also try to do almost all activities as a family unless it is a specific date for just DH and I. 

Juniper53098
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:34 PM

We also do all activities as a family.

JennMcBride
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

What is this date you speak of? rolling on floor

Quoting countrygirlkat:

We do family dinners as well.  We also try to do almost all activities as a family unless it is a specific date for just DH and I. 

CafeMom Tickers
abra
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this
We eat dinner together. We read together, we sing and dance together. The only structured thing we do together is dinner, but since our kids are younger (ages 7 and under) it is easy to spontaneously instigate family activities. We always, always, always spend Sundays together. Sometimes we go to a movie, or go on a picnic. Sometimes we go sledding or just go to the park, but it is always together. We also try to keep a routine date night with just DH and myself so when we have family time, we can both give the kids 100%. :-)
wandep
feeling happy :)
Yesterday at 4:37 PM
by Silver Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Have dinner time together.
heather4511
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I really need to work on this and stick to it. As a single mother of two, one of which is a baby,  my life is really all over the place. But having set family time would really add some normality in to our life. Though every night we read books..and when the baby isnt screaming or napping I like to play the wii with my oldest. 

.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:40 AM

pretty much everything we do, we do as a family. my kids are young and the only times I really have someone watch them is when I have a funeral or something similar to go to.. :/

BabyTeki
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Try to do family dinner every night and try to go out on the weekends. This Sat we're taking the kids to the pa farm show
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidensmomma508
by on Jan. 10, 2013 at 3:17 PM

We're always together 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)