Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do you have the same hobbies as your husband?

Posted by   + Show Post

So, we've been chatting about privacy and spouses. Which begs the questions: what is something you do that you don't share with your spouse? Now, I'm not asking about that fantasy you have about the little league coach or the time you bought that purse and snuck it in the house and into the closet without him looking. I'm talking about like a hobby you have, an interest, a passion that he maybe knows about...but just doesn't share.

I know a few couples that share everything, including hobbies. They play tennis together, love to go antiquing, they cook together. And we all know dudes who have their Saturday morning tee times, the fantasy football league aficionados, the boat lovers...their own hobbies they devote hours to...but what about your hobbies? Do you have one...or did it go by the wayside when those kiddos came along?

I like to think I had hobbies (and no, I'm not talking about napping). I thought going on good power walks was a hobby, but that is really just working out, when you think about it. I thought watching reality TV was a hobby, but alas, I fear that doesn't count either as my husband scoffed a bit when I offered this as a legit hobby. He has a point.

I want a hobby. If I could I would go to dance as a hobby. Always wanted to, never really have. Closest I come to it: the Zumba class I took, oh, 13 months ago. A weekly or semi-monthly trip to the dance studio for a hip-hop for old folks set. I'd also love to know how to sew, maybe just monogram cool things.  There's bound to be a tutorial somewhere on that, right?

Do you have a hobby that your husband doesn't share? What is it? How long have you been doing it? Do you want to share it with your spouse?

©iStockphoto.com/ Marek Uliasz

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (51-58):
cara124
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I'm divorced , but my EX and I never shared a like in hobbies.... I like solity things like reading, sewing & driving adventures... He like hiking, fishing & biking .

wandep
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Yes they do! LOL

Quoting mrswillie:

Quoting wandep:

Not really. We are total opposites. LOL

They say, opposites attract!

Threes.Company
by Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I like to sew. I like to dance. I like photography and online scrapbooking.  All of these things are not interests of his.

He likes hockey. He likes to snowboard.  I do not like those things.

sukainah
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:22 AM

LOL...true

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Quoting sukainah:

Neither my DH and I really have any hobbies.  So we share not having them LOL

Well at least you share that, lol. 

Leelee1008
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 6:10 PM

we have alot of different hobbys honestly.

TheBabyFactory4
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:00 PM
Hubby had a hobby that we turned into a business when i met him. He does woodcrafts and he taught me how to use his saws and stuff. He still does most of the cutting and putting together but I've added stuff like hand paintings on things and help him with Christmas yard decorations and sanding and smaller things. I also usually run the booth at shows while he does the hauling and setting up. But i consider my main hobby cafemom. Lol. And of course he doesn't share that.

I do like to scrapbook but that's been put on hold because i can't justify spending the money on it and i don't have the space for it
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Wish2Be
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Hubby and I do share a love of music....he is actually a musician...and I am more of a groupie..lol ! He and I used to go to concerts all the time in our youger years. :)

chrissysnow22
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:29 AM
Yes. We both love singing. I read but he doesn't read the same as u do.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN