Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Are you in Homework Hell? Hear what Andrew, Joanie and Chuck had to say!

Posted by   + Show Post

Recently, we asked: “Do you think your kids have too much homework?” Some moms felt that there was too much and others mentioned that the homework was so difficult they weren't even able to help their children.

Hear what Andrew, Joanie and Chuck from the Mad Life have to say and then tell us, Are kids getting too much homework, or not enough?

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Replies (11-20):
lalasmama2007
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:53 PM

My dd is in 1/2 day kindergarten.  She gets a 3 page homework packet on Monday that is due on Friday.  I'd like to see her get a little bit more.  My nephew who is in all day kindergarten gets 3 pages per night!  

sukainah
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:39 PM

My 1st grader has homework everyday, but it doesn't take an hour.  That would be a lot for him to want to do.  I think he has enough, though.

sukainah
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Actually I was surprised that he had homework everyday at first, but we have tried to get into a routine of doing it right when he comes home, so he can play after that.

countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:12 PM

My kids are still young(1st grade and Kindergarten) but I think they have just the right amount of homework each night.  I do have to say though that if my Kindergartener wasn't in Title I and gettting homework from there then I would think he would have not enough homework.  The regular teacher doesn't send hardly any home and it was the same way last year when my older was in K and then when he got to 1st it was a rude awakening for him and the whole grade was behind. 

4kidz916
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 3:21 PM

I do feel like they have too much and some of it is hard.  I have to google some of it to figure out how to help them.  I do agree with homework to help sharpen their skills but it shouldn't go overboard. 

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 4:31 PM

My kids get fwenty minutes of homework in first grade.  I think kids get way too much sometimes.

copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:03 PM

I think they are getting the right amounts so far. What is hard if the kids are involved in other school activities then they are normally tired at night and don't always want to do their homework :)

SlightlyPerfect
It's here...
Today at 9:19 AM
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:18 PM
I only have a 4-year-old girl, so I don't know much about homework yet, but yes, other moms I've spoken with say it's too much.
aidensmomma508
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:19 PM
No he's in kindergarten special needs class they do give me activities to do with him but it's not required yet. And we do do some but not an hour.
dusky_rose
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 5:33 PM

My youngest son is in Kindergarten, so I'm not expecting a lot of homework for him this year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)