Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Are you in Homework Hell? Hear what Andrew, Joanie and Chuck had to say!

Posted by   + Show Post

Recently, we asked: “Do you think your kids have too much homework?” Some moms felt that there was too much and others mentioned that the homework was so difficult they weren't even able to help their children.

Hear what Andrew, Joanie and Chuck from the Mad Life have to say and then tell us, Are kids getting too much homework, or not enough?

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Replies (21-30):
Moms_Angels1960
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:20 PM

I agree with Joanie about the 10 minutes per grade and I also think they they have too much homework after school. I feel that they are in school all day long and they need to be kids when they get home.

It would be alright to lengthen the day and not have so many extra activities after school I think they need family time.

I loved Chucks answer how much ever long it takes to keep them out of his hair works for him LOL!

Juniper53098
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 6:45 PM

My son has more than most, but that's because he works slowly.

BabyTeki
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I like the guideline of 10 min per grade. I'm scared to see what my kids will be doing
momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Way too much! It takes them hours sometimes just to do it
KristinRox
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:02 PM

Thank goodness I dont have to worry too much about homework. My 1st grader gets about 10 minutes worth of homework a night. Its not too horrible.  

wandep
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 8:04 PM
We have homework every day but its not too bad. My kids are in 1st and 3rd grade.
Bob192
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:36 PM

I think my kids get too much homework.  When we home schooled we were finished by noon without homework.

Charizma77
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:04 PM
My kids have some homework but not too much. They are in 2nd grade and kindergarten and homework is appropriate for their grades.
Heather2001
by Bronze Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:59 PM
1 mom liked this

We homeschool so they get the perfect amount.  =)

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Oh wow 4 hours of homework? I think an hour tops sounds fair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)