Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Are you in Homework Hell? Hear what Andrew, Joanie and Chuck had to say!

Posted by   + Show Post

Recently, we asked: “Do you think your kids have too much homework?” Some moms felt that there was too much and others mentioned that the homework was so difficult they weren't even able to help their children.

Hear what Andrew, Joanie and Chuck from the Mad Life have to say and then tell us, Are kids getting too much homework, or not enough?

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Replies (31-40):
mrswillie
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:10 AM
Ds gets just enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
arpazia
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:11 AM
Oh my! My son is in the first grade and gets one worksheet for hw and it takes maybe 15. Too my h homework is ridiculous!
cara124
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Personal I think Homework is a way for parents to checkin with their children ... it gives you as a parent time to see what your child is good at and what their struggling with .... It also gives parents a chance to check in and see what is being taught at the school .

goddess99
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Thankfully I'm not in homework hell very often. My dd doesn't get much homework and she usually does in after school in the school's library. If she does bring stuff home she has been doing it on her laptop so that has helped as well.

ms-superwoman
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Kids indeed do have way to much homework. When I was in high school, I spent about 15 hours a week, after school doing homework. My homework was a part time job! I spend less time on homework now that I am in college and I have homework every day!

natesmom1228
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:12 AM

I do not feel that my son has to much homework. He has just enough.

cmabbott
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:15 AM

My DS in in PreK so he doesn't have "homework" other than going over his letters and numbers.  We do educational spelling puzzles, etc.  My oldest DD is a 3rd grader but her Dad (he has custody during the school district) has never said that she has "too much" homework, DD also never complains. 

natesmom1228
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:17 AM
My son always does his homework at home in front of me.
ceciliam
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:32 AM

My son is in the first grade, and has minimal homework, this year. It usually takes about 15-20 minutes to complete. I actually supplement his homework by giving him weekly spelling tests and pulling pages out of the many workbooks we have at home.

kellynh
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:40 AM

10 mins per grade sounds good

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN