Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Are you in Homework Hell? Hear what Andrew, Joanie and Chuck had to say!

Posted by   + Show Post

Recently, we asked: “Do you think your kids have too much homework?” Some moms felt that there was too much and others mentioned that the homework was so difficult they weren't even able to help their children.

Hear what Andrew, Joanie and Chuck from the Mad Life have to say and then tell us, Are kids getting too much homework, or not enough?

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Replies (41-50):
nana2u10
by New Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 10:06 AM
I have my 8 year old granddauhter iiving with me. We have had some real homework battles at times. She would say,I will get to it Nana. I finally decided my way was not workiking so I sat her down and asked her what kind of agreement we could come to. We decided that she knows she is responsible to do it and as long as it is done before bath time we are good. I aways check it for her.
Leelee1008
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I agree with it being to hard. I cant help my boys do math at all. unless its basic.

MichelleK41
by Bronze Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Its not too bad unless one of them is out sick then it piles up. Our 1st graders teacher gives a sheet every week of things she expects to be done that week, based on what they are learning for the month. So they do have homework every day.

supermeof3
by New Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Homework gets crazy!  I have to say that is one of the perks of cyber schooling!    ;D  No more homework in the evenings when they need a break and I need to make dinner ;)

la_bella_vita
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 11:59 AM

My DD is only in kindergarten so no I don't think she has too much homework.

kirstina
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:21 PM
I think kids from K-2 should have no more than 15-20minutes of homework. 3-5 grade no more than 30minutes and 6-8 no more than 45 and not every night. High school 1 maybe 1 and a half. I rarely had homework in high school because I got most my work done in class.
MichelleSw
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Thankfully DD's Kindergarten teacher gives a full packet on Tuesday which has to be turned in by Friday! It's so great :| We read daily though. However, homework is needed; but it is absolutely crazy. Parents have a lot going on as well as the children. Why so much?

emilyrosenj
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 12:57 PM
My daughter doesn't get much homework. My son gets an appropriate amount for college.
emilyrosenj
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:03 PM
My kids have the right amount! I think she means back to school night! LOL!
mommythree0508
by Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 1:22 PM
Just enough. They need to be challenged.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)