Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Keeping up with Fashion Trends

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:10 AM
  • 16 Replies

Do you keep up with fashion trends for yourself?

What kinds of clothes do you think is appropriate for Mom wear?

What kinds are not?

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GwenMB
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:30 AM

I don't keep up w fashion, although I will try to get nice clothes every so often.

I think moms should wear what they like & makes them feel good.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Gwen (43) David (55) Augie (5.5) Alex (4)

Heather2001
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Psh, not any more.  I spend most days at home anyway so I'm not getting dolled up just for my kids.  I wear some kind of lounge pant and a comfy shirt most days.  If I leave the house, I'll throw on jeans.

abra
by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:36 PM
I wear what I like, sometimes it is trendy and sometimes it isn't. I think moms, when they go out, should look pulled together but be comfortable and functional. For me, this often means a pair of dark wash jeans (with a rise high enough that I can bend over without turning into a peep show) a scoop neck tee shirt with a cami underneath so I can bend forward without flashing everyone and a light cotton blazer style jacket.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't really follow trends and never really have.  I kind of do my own thing.  As far as what other mom's should wear I would say things that aren't too skimpy and not too sloppy. 

wandep
by Gold Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Not really I just wear what feels comfy..jeans and tshirt, capris and shorts during the summer.

MichelleK41
by Bronze Member on Jan. 12, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Yeah I kind of do and I would say Moms should be more conservative, no reason to have your boobs and butt hanging all out just because you know you look good. Kids do get embarrassed and they need more than a cool looking mom. You can still look sexy without all the product hanging out.

.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:09 AM

I don't keep up with fashion. I have no clue what is in right now. lol

wandep
by Gold Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:42 PM

agreed!

Quoting .Angelica.:

I don't keep up with fashion. I have no clue what is in right now. lol

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:08 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:12 AM

I don't keep up really,
I wear what I like & what hopefully looks good on me :)

timon95
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:36 AM

no i do not keep up with fashion trends. i am a sahm, i homeschool my kids and run them around to their activities and any other errands we may have. fashion is the last thing on my mind. i comfy in jeans and a t-shirt or sweatshirt

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)