Advertisement Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do You Have the Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda’s?

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:44 AM
  • 159 Replies

As we get older we often look back at all the things we could have done but never got around to.

Are you living the life you dreamed about as a kid? Do you live with regrets or have you just changed your dreams to suit the life you have?

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
k_hall1784
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Nope. In a totally different place. 

abra
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:25 PM
3 moms liked this

I am not living the life I dreamed of as a kid, my life now is better then I could have ever dreamed!!  Of course there are still things I'd like to do and goals to work towards, and I am. Being a SAHM has actually enabled me to reach more goals then I could have working outside the home.  I really do think that finding joy in whatever situation you are in is the key to fulfilling life. Regrets aren't good for our souls, they just drag us down and instead of looking forward, we are always looking to the past. It's not healthy! If we are looking at the past, we are going to miss what is going on right in front of our noses! 

And you New Yorkers are hysterical!! Idaho girl here and I can tell you from experience that log cabins are awesome! DH and I actually went camping (without the kids) for our 7th wedding anniversary. It was so much fun!

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

vinalex0581
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:04 PM

yes, i should have finished college.

i should have not hooked back up with my ex.

they are an ex for a reason.

i should have never quit my first job that i regret everyday doing.

i don't regret my two sons though........never will regret that.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Leelee1008
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:23 PM
NOT even close
Leelee1008
by Silver Member on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I sometimes do. I should have finished school. I should have done alot of things but I didnt. I now have to just take the time to do the things I wanted to do, but didnt.

Misz.Blue
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:36 PM
. no i am not living the life i dreamed as a kid but then i again i've never really thought about the future as kid, i just lived for the moment :) and still till this day <3 something that gets me into trouble aaaaalllll the time ..
hypnautica
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:45 PM

I have a great life and a wonderful husband the only thing I regret and so does he is , we wished we would have started trying to get pregnant sooner. Here is is 6 1/2 yrs later and we are still trying for #1 and I will be 32 next month :(

nov30mom
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I have a good life, but I do regret not exercising and getting in shape earlier in my life.  I didn't really start exercise until I was 27, and did not join a gym untill I was 33. I could have started exercising back when I was in colege and would have felt alot better!!! Oh well live and learn

Scorpiomom78
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Mostly school. I always said I wanted to be a doctor when I was little and that didnt happen. I messed that up pretty early in life. But I am working on going back to school to do something in the health care field, nurse or anything really that has me working in a hospital, but I would really LOVE to be a nurse! Other than that I am pretty happy with how my life has turned out! :)

jlbelknap35
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:54 PM

I love my life now but i wish i either didn't go to college or I didn't slack off or didn't go to such an expensive school. I can't find a job and struggling with the loans that sally mae refuses to work with me on it. I at least wish i would of just took one class at a time so i wouldn't of taken out student loans. i kick myself every day for that mistake.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement