Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do you have something in your life outside of your family that you do/work on that helps you feel more fulfilled?  What is it?

by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Replies (11-16):
JennMcBride
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:07 PM
I do alot with my kids football team and i enjoy it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Wish2Be
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I used to work in a non-profit company that helped provide clinical care for children in they system...mostly through the department of children and families.

I felt fulfilled some of the time, but unfortunately I was bullied by a co-worker during my entire employment...so it kind of took away from that.

heather4511
by Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:56 PM
I've been diving more in to sewing...but doing more for myself physically would help a lot.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Cronnie
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:40 AM

I feel quite fulfilled writing stories, just silly little things.  Mostly about my observations of people and the way life works.  I've noticed many moms tend to look with scorn on other moms who find fulfillment OUTSIDE of their families, as though their selfish spawn of satans....but I don't think there's anything wrong with finding happiness in something that doesn't involve your family.  I read this nice article on self fulfillment recently, which all you girls may be interested in http://lonerwolf.com/subpersonalities-self-fulfillment/  I think I play the victim a lot, according to this article :-S

Juniper53098
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:12 AM

I am studying to be a doula.  I also do a lot of volunteer work with a local music club and the American Cancer Society.

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Absolutely.

Quoting Juniper53098:

I agree completely.  God gives me gifts and I use them to His glory.  I find satisfaction in His gifts.

Quoting abra:

I draw all my fulfillment from Christ. He is the only one that can sustain my needs. He gave me a wonderful life, husband, and kids. He gave me interests, hobbies and talents. I do find all those people and things fulfilling, but they are all gifts from God and He is source of all true fulfillment.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN