Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Dream big...but wisely?

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 56 Replies
2 moms liked this

You can make that dream happen. You can. Really. Still, even with those kiddos hopping around. Let's say you always wanted to write a book. There is nothing stopping you from writing a few pages every day or taking an online workshop in novel writing. Nothing, except time. So, you skip watching The Bachelor and Project Runway and devote that time (you know I love my TV, so typing that was a little difficult).

I say we all do it. You can do it, I can do it...however, we all have to do one thing when we do do it. We all need to alter our expectations (this means you, Heather...yes, I'm calling myself out on this one).

Maybe your dream is to write a best-seller, go on book tours and quit your job. Well, that dream may need to be altered...but...perhaps this new dream, the reality of the dream may be even better. Perhaps by writing each day, you meet fellow writers and form a writing group -- and they may become your great friends. Or you will write a children's story that, yes, does get published, but doesn't get all of the hype...yet you receive letters from children who love your characters.

Or maybe the reality of the dream will actually match your dream expectation...but you won't know unless you try. Hmmm, didn't I just say that to Kiddo two minutes ago?

I know you have a goal, a dream you have always wanted to do! Let's list them here... and brainstorm small ways to get started on making them come true.

©iStockphoto.com/ PeskeyMonkey

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Platinum Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this

My dreams/goals have changed over the years,
Now  it is more for my sons :)

emilyrosenj
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
My dream right now is to be healthy and I have made the time and I am achieving it with God's help!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Eventually, I would like to design a line of clothes that is fashionable, flattering and affordable for moms in the 20-30 year old range. It seems like everything in that age group/income braket is either teen looking, maternity or career wear. Right now I work towards it by teaching myself how to draw and sew better at home.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Juniper53098
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a dream of becoming a doula.  I am working toward that by taking courses through CBI.

jessicasmom1
by Silver Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 10:37 PM

I really like to dream and see when or why they are coming true

momofsixangels
by Platinum Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 7:06 PM

My goal is to get my divorce and finally be happy

aidensmomma508
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm dreaming for my son and to have patience with him

wandep
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:13 PM

My dream is to loose weight and be healthy for my kids.

SlightlyPerfect
When you find "The Interview" online...
Thursday at 9:25 PM
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Right now I'm considering starting my own business, but not until DD is in school full-time, which will be next year, but we are beginning to brainstorm ideas.

slightlyperfect

Heather2001
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:35 PM

I personally don't have time for small dreams.  IDK, if my dream doesn't scare me a bit, it doesn't seem worth pursuing...but that's me and my own personal mentality.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN