Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Dream big...but wisely?

Posted by   + Show Post

You can make that dream happen. You can. Really. Still, even with those kiddos hopping around. Let's say you always wanted to write a book. There is nothing stopping you from writing a few pages every day or taking an online workshop in novel writing. Nothing, except time. So, you skip watching The Bachelor and Project Runway and devote that time (you know I love my TV, so typing that was a little difficult).

I say we all do it. You can do it, I can do it...however, we all have to do one thing when we do do it. We all need to alter our expectations (this means you, Heather...yes, I'm calling myself out on this one).

Maybe your dream is to write a best-seller, go on book tours and quit your job. Well, that dream may need to be altered...but...perhaps this new dream, the reality of the dream may be even better. Perhaps by writing each day, you meet fellow writers and form a writing group -- and they may become your great friends. Or you will write a children's story that, yes, does get published, but doesn't get all of the hype...yet you receive letters from children who love your characters.

Or maybe the reality of the dream will actually match your dream expectation...but you won't know unless you try. Hmmm, didn't I just say that to Kiddo two minutes ago?

I know you have a goal, a dream you have always wanted to do! Let's list them here... and brainstorm small ways to get started on making them come true.

©iStockphoto.com/ PeskeyMonkey

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
Leelee1008
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I would like to go to school to get a career under my belt. probably nursing.

kellynh
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:53 AM

I dream of a healthy baby

natesmom1228
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:53 AM

My goal is to make it to the gym at least 4 times a week.

RobynS
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:57 AM

I've always wanted to be a writer and actually did start a novel in November. But honestly, most of my dreams are just on hold right now while DH and I work on another dream--becoming completely DEBT-FREE. It's nearly my sole focus (aside from taking care of my kiddos, of course), and I think it's important enough that it should be.

RobynS
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:58 AM

there's no better dream than that! :)

Quoting kellynh:

I dream of a healthy baby

countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I actually have always wanted to write a book as well.  I need to start getting motivated to do it.  Even if it is just for fun. 

RobynS
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:59 AM

go for it, mama! You will feel so good, both physically AND emotionally! :)

Quoting natesmom1228:

My goal is to make it to the gym at least 4 times a week.

ceciliam
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I don't look at it as having a dream but rather having a goal. I have lots of goals and work on them all daily. For me, it's about proper planning and organization.

RobynS
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:00 AM

It will probably turn out best if you ARE doing it for fun. If it becomes "work" you won't want to do it any more. I say look at it ONLY as a fun project and see what you get. Who knows? Your fun project might become a best-seller. ;)

Quoting countrygirlkat:

I actually have always wanted to write a book as well.  I need to start getting motivated to do it.  Even if it is just for fun. 

RobynS
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:01 AM

what do you need to do to make that happen, mama? What's the first step?

Quoting Leelee1008:

I would like to go to school to get a career under my belt. probably nursing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)