Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Dream big...but wisely?

Posted by   + Show Post

You can make that dream happen. You can. Really. Still, even with those kiddos hopping around. Let's say you always wanted to write a book. There is nothing stopping you from writing a few pages every day or taking an online workshop in novel writing. Nothing, except time. So, you skip watching The Bachelor and Project Runway and devote that time (you know I love my TV, so typing that was a little difficult).

I say we all do it. You can do it, I can do it...however, we all have to do one thing when we do do it. We all need to alter our expectations (this means you, Heather...yes, I'm calling myself out on this one).

Maybe your dream is to write a best-seller, go on book tours and quit your job. Well, that dream may need to be altered...but...perhaps this new dream, the reality of the dream may be even better. Perhaps by writing each day, you meet fellow writers and form a writing group -- and they may become your great friends. Or you will write a children's story that, yes, does get published, but doesn't get all of the hype...yet you receive letters from children who love your characters.

Or maybe the reality of the dream will actually match your dream expectation...but you won't know unless you try. Hmmm, didn't I just say that to Kiddo two minutes ago?

I know you have a goal, a dream you have always wanted to do! Let's list them here... and brainstorm small ways to get started on making them come true.

©iStockphoto.com/ PeskeyMonkey

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
RobynS
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:03 AM

That's a great point. Dreams sort of sound distant and unattainable sometimes. Goals sound like something you are actively working toward. I like that! :)

Quoting ceciliam:

I don't look at it as having a dream but rather having a goal. I have lots of goals and work on them all daily. For me, it's about proper planning and organization.

RobynS
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:05 AM

That's fantastic! Keep up the good work, mama. :)

Quoting emilyrosenj:

My dream right now is to be healthy and I have made the time and I am achieving it with God's help!

RobynS
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

I wish you all the best with that!! I am 42... maybe after you master the 20-30 range you can design something for us older mamas! LOL ;)

Quoting abra:

Eventually, I would like to design a line of clothes that is fashionable, flattering and affordable for moms in the 20-30 year old range. It seems like everything in that age group/income braket is either teen looking, maternity or career wear. Right now I work towards it by teaching myself how to draw and sew better at home.

RobynS
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Awesome! The world needs more doulas. :)

Quoting Juniper53098:

I have a dream of becoming a doula.  I am working toward that by taking courses through CBI.

RobynS
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Sadly, I think that's a goal shared by many. Do what you've gotta do, mama!! Best of luck to you!

Quoting momofsixangels:

My goal is to get my divorce and finally be happy

RobynS
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Soooo important!!! :) Do you have a plan, mama?

Quoting wandep:

My dream is to loose weight and be healthy for my kids.

RobynS
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Ambitious! Do you know exactly what kind of business? Or would you prefer not to share until it's more finalized?

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

Right now I'm considering starting my own business, but not until DD is in school full-time, which will be next year, but we are beginning to brainstorm ideas.

GagaNTattooS
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:15 AM
I want my own salon. Just seems impossible now
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
RobynS
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I get that. Is there a "scary" dream that you'd care to share with us??? You might just inspire someone else to dream big...

Quoting Heather2001:

I personally don't have time for small dreams.  IDK, if my dream doesn't scare me a bit, it doesn't seem worth pursuing...but that's me and my own personal mentality.

RobynS
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:17 AM

YES! That's the one I'm working on now. Actually, just not being behind, for starters. DH and I took Financial Peace Univ. classes over a year ago and it was such a huge help!! Good luck! :)

Quoting MichelleK41:

For me it would be getting financially ahead.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN