Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Dream big...but wisely?

Posted by   + Show Post

You can make that dream happen. You can. Really. Still, even with those kiddos hopping around. Let's say you always wanted to write a book. There is nothing stopping you from writing a few pages every day or taking an online workshop in novel writing. Nothing, except time. So, you skip watching The Bachelor and Project Runway and devote that time (you know I love my TV, so typing that was a little difficult).

I say we all do it. You can do it, I can do it...however, we all have to do one thing when we do do it. We all need to alter our expectations (this means you, Heather...yes, I'm calling myself out on this one).

Maybe your dream is to write a best-seller, go on book tours and quit your job. Well, that dream may need to be altered...but...perhaps this new dream, the reality of the dream may be even better. Perhaps by writing each day, you meet fellow writers and form a writing group -- and they may become your great friends. Or you will write a children's story that, yes, does get published, but doesn't get all of the hype...yet you receive letters from children who love your characters.

Or maybe the reality of the dream will actually match your dream expectation...but you won't know unless you try. Hmmm, didn't I just say that to Kiddo two minutes ago?

I know you have a goal, a dream you have always wanted to do! Let's list them here... and brainstorm small ways to get started on making them come true.

©iStockphoto.com/ PeskeyMonkey

by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (41-50):
RobynS
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:18 AM

sending you good 'baby vibes,' mama!! :)

Quoting GwenMB:

My dream is to have this baby, so I'm doing what I need to & can.

RobynS
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:19 AM

I dream about travel ALL the time. :)

Quoting mrswillie:

I dream of traveling more with my family.

RobynS
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Sounds like fun!

Quoting Bmat:

I would like to write a science fiction short story. I have a premise but have never sat down and worked on it.

RobynS
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I hope that is every mama's dream. I hope my kids are able to learn from some of my dumb mistakes so they can achieve their dreams faster and more easily than I have! :)

Quoting arpazia:

My dream was to have a big family. Now my dream is for all of my son's dreams to come true!

RobynS
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:24 AM

I'm working on that as well. But seeing us go through hard times and how we come through them... those are lessons for them. I try to remember that when I'm struggling.

Quoting sukainah:

Right now it's that I want to be a better mom.  I've been dealing with things lately that have been kind of hard and I don't feel like I have been there for my kids enough.

MichelleK41
by Bronze Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Thank you =)

Quoting RobynS:

YES! That's the one I'm working on now. Actually, just not being behind, for starters. DH and I took Financial Peace Univ. classes over a year ago and it was such a huge help!! Good luck! :)

Quoting MichelleK41:

For me it would be getting financially ahead.

RobynS
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Why impossible? Money? (it's almost always money, isn't it?). Come up with a plan, mama. I'll bet you can do it sooner than you think!!

Quoting GagaNTattooS:

I want my own salon. Just seems impossible now

momofsixangels
by Platinum Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Quoting RobynS:

Sadly, I think that's a goal shared by many. Do what you've gotta do, mama!! Best of luck to you!

Quoting momofsixangels:

My goal is to get my divorce and finally be happy

Thank-you

GagaNTattooS
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Isn't it always lol. I know there are grants and things just not sure how to find the real ones...my business plan would work

Quoting RobynS:

Why impossible? Money? (it's almost always money, isn't it?). Come up with a plan, mama. I'll bet you can do it sooner than you think!!

Quoting GagaNTattooS:

CafeMom Tickers
RobynS
by Silver Member on Jan. 22, 2013 at 11:59 AM

maybe you can talk to someone else in your area who used a grant to open a business, and they can point you in the right direction. Best of luck!!

Quoting GagaNTattooS:

Isn't it always lol. I know there are grants and things just not sure how to find the real ones...my business plan would work

Quoting RobynS:

Quoting GagaNTattooS:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)