Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Sunday .. what's for dinner?

Posted by   + Show Post

Let us know :)

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:41 PM
Replies (21-30):
Heather2001
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:10 PM

We at at Noodles and Company - we had to run out to get our meat for the month and didn't make it home in time for dinner.

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:31 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Sounds nice though,

Have never been ..was it good with a lot of choices?

hope you enjoyed :)

Quoting Heather2001:

We at at Noodles and Company - we had to run out to get our meat for the month and didn't make it home in time for dinner.

emilyrosenj
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Yes we did.

Quoting hugss:

Sounds like you all had some great yummy foods :)

Quoting emilyrosenj:

My family had vegetarian lasagna and fried chicken, I had vegetarian chili.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I made a pork roast, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, sugar snap peas.

Turned out pretty good.

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Sure does sound great & bet you all loved it ;)

Quoting Basherte:

Turned out pretty good.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Our little one had a cheese pizza. 

He doesn't like regular meat. He just likes the texture of meat in the frozen meals. Don't know why. I never bought them before, but when we discovered that it didn't matter how I cooked it he wasn't going to eat it, we bought a few and tried them. When he ate those readily, we started buying them on a regular basis. I know they aren't as healthy as other meat, but when it's the only way to get any meat in his diet, I am willing to buy them. He will eat peanut butter but not enough of it to make me happy about his protein intake. 

He also eats the pepperoni, pepperoni and sausage pizzas too.

He will eat pizza that I make from scratch as well. So I'll be doing that for his birthday. Homemade personal pizza. It isn't any harder to make the personal pizzas than it is one huge one. 

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Turned out pretty good.

hugss

by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Yes sometimes we just have to make/buy what we know they will eat,
Perhaps eventually that wiull change in time or so we hope <g>
Bet he'll love it for his bday :)

Quoting Basherte:

He doesn't like regular meat. He just likes the texture of meat in the frozen meals. Don't know why. I never bought them before, but when we discovered that it didn't matter how I cooked it he wasn't going to eat it, we bought a few and tried them. When he ate those readily, we started buying them on a regular basis. I know they aren't as healthy as other meat, but when it's the only way to get any meat in his diet, I am willing to buy them. He will eat peanut butter but not enough of it to make me happy about his protein intake. 

He will eat pizza that I make from scratch as well. So I'll be doing that for his birthday. Homemade personal pizza. It isn't any harder to make the personal pizzas than it is one huge one. 

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Turned out pretty good.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I can only hope that it will gradually change. It's part of his autism. So, not sure if it will ever really change. He is exposed to different things all the time, though. If he shows an interest in anything we allow him to try it. And a lot of things, I will just take over to him and ask him to try it. He normally does, but it's about 25% on whether he will actually like it. If he does like it though it goes on his "will eat" list and gets made more often.

Quoting hugss:

Perhaps eventually that wiull change in time or so we hope

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Turned out pretty good.

hugss

by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Understand but perhaps as he gets older & sees others eat different things that may help as well.
Good on his *will eat* list as I am sure that is very important :)

Quoting Basherte:

I can only hope that it will gradually change. It's part of his autism. So, not sure if it will ever really change. He is exposed to different things all the time, though. If he shows an interest in anything we allow him to try it. And a lot of things, I will just take over to him and ask him to try it. He normally does, but it's about 25% on whether he will actually like it. If he does like it though it goes on his "will eat" list and gets made more often.

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Turned out pretty good.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I can only hope. He will eat mashed potatoes, but only IF he had a hand in making them and then it's only a few bites. Am trying to see if that works in other areas, and he will eat some of the other stuff if he has a part in making it. Have to be careful what I have him help me with though. he does love to pour things, so that might help me add a few things to my cooking that will allow him to feel that he has helped out to make the food and will then eat some of it. The list of food that he will eat, to me is short, but comparing it to others with autism, it is quite long. He won't eat veggies either. Am going to be trying to get him to eat some of those raw and see if that helps. He doesn't like onions raw though. Found that out when I make pizza. *giggles* He reached up to the table and grabbed a small hand full.. stuck them in his mouth and immediately spit them back out. But he will eat them on the pizza when it's done cooking. Same with most cheese, he'll eat it melted but not cold.

Quoting hugss:

Understand but perhaps as he gets older & sees others eat different things that may help as well.
Good on his *will eat* list as I am sure that is very important :)

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Turned out pretty good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)