Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Crock Pot Hula Chicken

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:43 PM
  • 7 Replies

Chicken, barbeque sauce, red onion, pineapple and BACON?!  What's not to love??  :)  This made my house smell SOOO delicious all day as it cooked.  Yum!  It tasted wonderful as well!

Our grocery store did not have any boneless, skinless chicken THIGH when I went shopping, so I substituted bone-in.  This ended up not working out as well as I would have liked (should have removed the skin before cooking and I totally forgot!).  It was hard to eat it with the bacon on it since I was peeling away skin and picking meat off the bone.  The flavoring was GREAT.  The meat was TENDER and yummy!  But the whole bone/skin thing was problematic.  And of course, just a couple hours after I threw it in, I went shopping for this week's meal and the store had a big container of boneless, skinless thighs.  Sigh.  Oh well!  Now I know for next time!  I have never bought it like that, so I honestly was not sure they even sold it that way.  ;)

Here is the recipe:

http://krzmomcrockpotcatalog.blogspot.com/#!/2013/01/hula-chicken.html

Michelle, mom to Lucy, Henry and Charlie

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
emilyrosenj
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:48 PM
Looks good anyway!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Juniper53098
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Looks really yummy!!!

Heather2001
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:14 PM

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Threes.Company
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:31 PM

It was definitely yummy!  Next time I will sub either boneless, skinless thighs... OR boneless, skinless breast if I cannot find the thighs!

Quoting emilyrosenj:

Looks good anyway!

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:19 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Looks yummy :)

wandep
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:04 AM

looks good

aidensmomma508
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Yum!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement