Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do YOU have a role model?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 64 Replies

Soooooo, yesterday we talked about our kids and their role models...those folks they may look up to, admire, get inspired by their actions and choices. Um, what about you? Do you have a role model? There is no age limit on that, you know?

It's funny, but I think I have a variety of role models - for different parts of my life. Kind of the Justice League of Heather's Admired Folks. I've got role models for fashion, for family, for career, for life, for entertaining...all people I admire how they do things.

I think the cool thing, when you get older and have role models, is that you know the person isn't perfect, you don't want to be just like them, you may not really like much else but the way they move about the kitchen and can whip up something with ease.  It is not someone to mimic or copy, just someone I can take tips from, to make myself a little better version of me in that specific area. More of a reminder, a focus for, say, my style when I'm shopping...and don't we ALL need little reminders in these crazy days of ours?

So, who are your role models? You can break it down by category - your fashion role model, your career role model....

©iStockphoto.com/paci77

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take Some *Time Out* for You. Join our Friendly/Supportive :)
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:20 AM

No real role models at this point in time :)

wandep
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this

same here lol

Quoting hugss:

No real role models at this point in time :)

4kidz916
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I've always looked up to my father.  He was always patient, kind, caring, sensible with money, and very hard working.  I've always tried to have those same qualities. 

RobynS
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:04 AM

My mama!!

AleaKat
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:07 AM
Never ever thought I'd day this but my mom.

In the past year or so she has really showed her strength.
She is so smart and brave and classy
It's a shame that she has had to go through the things she has to get the way she is now.

It's kinda cheesy but also my husband. He just walks through life effortlessly so sure of himself. He is so confident and knows exactly who he is.

I'm never sure of anything and I'm always second guessing myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobynS
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:08 AM

and George Clooney. Seriously. He and his father have done so many wonderful things--even putting themselves in grave danger multiple times in their efforts to help end the genocide in Darfur.

elasmimi
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:38 AM

My best friend. She has patience, a kind heart, and is loyal in every way. She lives her Christian faith daily, doesn't just talk about it. She is always there for me, and is now facing a health crisis with her husband. I hope I can be as helpful to her as she has always been to me.

aidensmomma508
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Honestly it's my mil mom and sister and sil. All good mommys

goddess99
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I've always loved Rosa Parks.

Juniper53098
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Rose Marie Bertrand.  She is a doula in Madison WI, who started a group that helps women free of charge.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN