Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do YOU have a role model?

Posted by   + Show Post

Soooooo, yesterday we talked about our kids and their role models...those folks they may look up to, admire, get inspired by their actions and choices. Um, what about you? Do you have a role model? There is no age limit on that, you know?

It's funny, but I think I have a variety of role models - for different parts of my life. Kind of the Justice League of Heather's Admired Folks. I've got role models for fashion, for family, for career, for life, for entertaining...all people I admire how they do things.

I think the cool thing, when you get older and have role models, is that you know the person isn't perfect, you don't want to be just like them, you may not really like much else but the way they move about the kitchen and can whip up something with ease.  It is not someone to mimic or copy, just someone I can take tips from, to make myself a little better version of me in that specific area. More of a reminder, a focus for, say, my style when I'm shopping...and don't we ALL need little reminders in these crazy days of ours?

So, who are your role models? You can break it down by category - your fashion role model, your career role model....

©iStockphoto.com/paci77

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
sukainah
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Other moms I read about on here are my role models!  They do everything, some work and are great moms, others stay home and are such great managers of their homes and families and wonderful moms and wives.

aneela
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:02 AM

my mom who showed me how strong a woman can be

shylynn22
by New Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Yep! My dh. He is always trying to help me change to be a better person. He is happy with who he is comfortable on his body. He helps so many people end is very responsible. He workshard and never let's us down. He's helping me with so much, and has done so much for me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
arpazia
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:21 AM
Dita von teese:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zadesmom1998
by Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Mines been my role model since I was a little girl. He is the most amazing man I know. And I hope my boys grow up to be just like him and their dad of course

Quoting 4kidz916:

I've always looked up to my father.  He was always patient, kind, caring, sensible with money, and very hard working.  I've always tried to have those same qualities. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:53 AM

No not really.

MichelleK41
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Wow this is a good question that I am not quite sure about. Will have to get back to this one.

lalasmama2007
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Just my Mom.

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:39 PM

My best girlfriend is, I'd say. She is generous, kind, loyal. 

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:47 PM

My mom

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)