Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do YOU have a role model?

Posted by   + Show Post

Soooooo, yesterday we talked about our kids and their role models...those folks they may look up to, admire, get inspired by their actions and choices. Um, what about you? Do you have a role model? There is no age limit on that, you know?

It's funny, but I think I have a variety of role models - for different parts of my life. Kind of the Justice League of Heather's Admired Folks. I've got role models for fashion, for family, for career, for life, for entertaining...all people I admire how they do things.

I think the cool thing, when you get older and have role models, is that you know the person isn't perfect, you don't want to be just like them, you may not really like much else but the way they move about the kitchen and can whip up something with ease.  It is not someone to mimic or copy, just someone I can take tips from, to make myself a little better version of me in that specific area. More of a reminder, a focus for, say, my style when I'm shopping...and don't we ALL need little reminders in these crazy days of ours?

So, who are your role models? You can break it down by category - your fashion role model, your career role model....

©iStockphoto.com/paci77

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (21-30):
emilyrosenj
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:47 PM

I too have various role models for different aspects of my life.  I'm careful not to idolize them though because you are right, no one is perfect as is demonstrated in the news daily! 

a good thing to do is to let someone know you admire them for a certain thing.  It doesn't hurt to brighten their day!

MamaMandee
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:48 PM

My grandma has always been my role model. She is an amazing women and still beautiful, fashionable and fun! 

emilyrosenj
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I adored my maternal grandmother but she died when I was very young.  It's wonderful that you have a great grandma!

Quoting MamaMandee:

My grandma has always been my role model. She is an amazing women and still beautiful, fashionable and fun! 

Margaret

MamaMandee
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Thank you!!

Quoting emilyrosenj:

I adored my maternal grandmother but she died when I was very young.  It's wonderful that you have a great grandma!

Quoting MamaMandee:

natesmom1228
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I would say just my mom.

GwenMB
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 5:05 PM
My grandma, she is a wonderful Christian woman & grandmother. I've learned so much just from being around her.
copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 6:04 PM

I honestly don't have role models in those fields. My mom was and still is my biggest role model. This probably sounds corny, but my biggest role models are ones with big hearts and try to do some good deeds in this world :)

Wish2Be
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:11 PM

My role model in strength, kindness, durability, and resistance - My Mother and Oma (grandmother)

Wish2Be
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Quoting MamaMandee:

Mine too ! I miss her a lot. I havent seen her in 16 years :(

She lives back home in Germany.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)