Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do YOU have a role model?

Posted by   + Show Post

Soooooo, yesterday we talked about our kids and their role models...those folks they may look up to, admire, get inspired by their actions and choices. Um, what about you? Do you have a role model? There is no age limit on that, you know?

It's funny, but I think I have a variety of role models - for different parts of my life. Kind of the Justice League of Heather's Admired Folks. I've got role models for fashion, for family, for career, for life, for entertaining...all people I admire how they do things.

I think the cool thing, when you get older and have role models, is that you know the person isn't perfect, you don't want to be just like them, you may not really like much else but the way they move about the kitchen and can whip up something with ease.  It is not someone to mimic or copy, just someone I can take tips from, to make myself a little better version of me in that specific area. More of a reminder, a focus for, say, my style when I'm shopping...and don't we ALL need little reminders in these crazy days of ours?

So, who are your role models? You can break it down by category - your fashion role model, your career role model....

©iStockphoto.com/paci77

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (51-60):
4kidz916
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 6:13 PM

I'm very sorry for that.  My oldest daughter's father was not so perfect either and my father really took her under his wing and was also a great role model for her.  

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Sounds like your father is amazing!  Mine isn't.  I envy people who have great relationships with their fathers.

Quoting 4kidz916:

I've always looked up to my father.  He was always patient, kind, caring, sensible with money, and very hard working.  I've always tried to have those same qualities. 

Kmakksmom
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome!  My Granddaddy is my male role model.  He was all kinds of wonderful :)

Quoting 4kidz916:

I'm very sorry for that.  My oldest daughter's father was not so perfect either and my father really took her under his wing and was also a great role model for her.  

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Sounds like your father is amazing!  Mine isn't.  I envy people who have great relationships with their fathers.

Quoting 4kidz916:

I've always looked up to my father.  He was always patient, kind, caring, sensible with money, and very hard working.  I've always tried to have those same qualities. 

Rushn311
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I look up to my parents that are no longer here anymore. I know they'd be proud of what I accomplished  and the person I am today.

bewitchedmama
by New Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 2:20 AM

My grandma is my role model. She has always been there for me, taught me things about life, & I've always felt comfortable to be able to open up to her about anything.

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:15 AM

I have had several people in my life who I looked up to and admired.  My dad was one of them.   :)

meam4444
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:50 AM

So many people!!  Close friends, family, etc..

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM

My Mom and Dad!

hollydaze1974
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:35 AM
My mother for the patience and tenacity she still has to keep going

My husband for his mellowness and lack of complaining .
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
happymommy1105
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:24 PM
My mom!

She is one of the most patient, strong, generous people I have ever met.

And she can be a pain in the ass when she needs to.
happymommy1105
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:26 PM
My dad is less than a role model as well. But I don't give that part of my life the time of day anymore. Instead, I focus on making sure my kids have a great relationship with their dad.

Quoting Kmakksmom:

Quoting 4kidz916:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)