Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

hows the arctic blast in your state?

Posted by   + Show Post

So freaking cold. My car didn't wana start this morning.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Replies (21-29):
heather4511
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:03 AM
I'll trade? I hate the snow lol 22 years of the stuff is far too much!!

Quoting wandep:

Low 30s and high 60s or 70s.

wandep
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 11:08 AM

sounds good! lol

Quoting heather4511:

Quoting wandep:

heather4511
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Bundle up though, its 12 degrees today! :)

Quoting wandep:

sounds good! lol

Quoting heather4511:

Quoting wandep:

Olivia11812
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:13 PM
It's 9 today supposed to b -14 tonight with wind chill of -20 ugh I feel so bad for my husband he works outside all night :/
JTROX
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Freezing, but at least we were delayed 2 hours the last 2 mornings.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Apple dumplings are kinda like an individual pie. Shaped like an apple. 

I take pie dough and roll it out. I have my apples cored, skinned, and quartered. I take the dough and cut it into squares or circles. I take 4 pieces of apple and put them together to form an apple.. then I take a tiny bit of butter, sugar and cinnamon... putting that in the middle of the slices. Then take the dough and wrap it around the apples. Sealing it with a little butter at the top. Then sprinkling sugar and cinnamon on top of that. Place on a shallow baking dish. and bake at 350°F for about 15 minutes. They will be a golden brown. Fresh from the oven with a little cold milk and another sprinkle of sugar is how I eat them.

It gives you freedom to make them any way you want. You can add caramel. or anything to each one and make it even more personal. They are just a little bigger than the size of the apple that you use. Make sure to use anything but red delicious and golden delicious. Otherwise all you will have is appleasauce.

The baking apples keep their shape very well, but aren't very sweet. Hence the amount of sugar. I'm talking about 1 teaspoon inside and about another teaspoon on the top. Then I add about a teaspoon on top when I eat them. 

My mom would take an entire day and do nothing but bake these apple dumplings. Then that night what we had for dinner is the apple dumplings. They were sooo good. 

You could take an apple and cut it up into bite size pieces and make a little make shift pie out of it too if you wanted. 

Or take the dough and put in a greased muffin pan then add the apples and butter and sugar and cinnamon in there and then just top with the left over dough. You'd want to cut a little slit into the tops of those though.

No, unfortunately we aren't getting any snow with the low temp. We are supposed to get snow on friday though. 
I used to live in Florida, so I know the lack of snow there. And the lack of cold temperatures, except for a few days in the morning. By afternoon it was hot enough to want to be wearing nothing more than a bikini. whether you had the body for it or not. *giggles* And I don't have the body for it. 

Quoting wandep:

What is apple dumplings? Sounds yummy. I hope you are getting snow with the 9 degrees...hehe I live in Florida and so want to be in snow!

Quoting Basherte:

9°F right now.

Yesterday at this time it was 15°F.

I want summer to get here. Or at least spring.

Actually, what I really want is this: I want to make my apple dumplings, and the other apple stuff I really want, then I want spring to get here. Then I want to skip the heat of summer and go to fall.

That will never happen, of course, but I can dream right?

wandep
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Sounds yummy! Send me some fedex. lol Yeah its suppose to be in the 70s here the rest of the week. Sucks lol

Quoting Basherte:

I take pie dough and roll it out. I have my apples cored, skinned, and quartered. I take the dough and cut it into squares or circles. I take 4 pieces of apple and put them together to form an apple.. then I take a tiny bit of butter, sugar and cinnamon... putting that in the middle of the slices. Then take the dough and wrap it around the apples. Sealing it with a little butter at the top. Then sprinkling sugar and cinnamon on top of that. Place on a shallow baking dish. and bake at 350°F for about 15 minutes. They will be a golden brown. Fresh from the oven with a little cold milk and another sprinkle of sugar is how I eat them.

It gives you freedom to make them any way you want. You can add caramel. or anything to each one and make it even more personal. They are just a little bigger than the size of the apple that you use. Make sure to use anything but red delicious and golden delicious. Otherwise all you will have is appleasauce.

The baking apples keep their shape very well, but aren't very sweet. Hence the amount of sugar. I'm talking about 1 teaspoon inside and about another teaspoon on the top. Then I add about a teaspoon on top when I eat them. 

My mom would take an entire day and do nothing but bake these apple dumplings. Then that night what we had for dinner is the apple dumplings. They were sooo good. 

You could take an apple and cut it up into bite size pieces and make a little make shift pie out of it too if you wanted. 

Or take the dough and put in a greased muffin pan then add the apples and butter and sugar and cinnamon in there and then just top with the left over dough. You'd want to cut a little slit into the tops of those though.

No, unfortunately we aren't getting any snow with the low temp. We are supposed to get snow on friday though. 
I used to live in Florida, so I know the lack of snow there. And the lack of cold temperatures, except for a few days in the morning. By afternoon it was hot enough to want to be wearing nothing more than a bikini. whether you had the body for it or not. *giggles* And I don't have the body for it. 

Quoting wandep:

What is apple dumplings? Sounds yummy. I hope you are getting snow with the 9 degrees...hehe I live in Florida and so want to be in snow!

Quoting Basherte:

9°F right now.

Actually, what I really want is this: I want to make my apple dumplings, and the other apple stuff I really want, then I want spring to get here. Then I want to skip the heat of summer and go to fall.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I would, but I don't think fedex can gaurantee freshness on that. *giggles* You could always drive over. I'd make you enough to fill up and still take a container of them home with you.

They are really yummy.

It's supposed to be freezing here the rest of the week.

oh wait. I should say.... take a container for you to eat while you drive back home. 

Quoting wandep:

Sounds yummy! Send me some fedex. lol Yeah its suppose to be in the 70s here the rest of the week. Sucks lol

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting wandep:

Quoting Basherte:

9°F right now.

heather4511
by Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 5:46 AM
Our schools weren't delayed at all actually, which is surprising since many kids live in the country.

Quoting JTROX:

Freezing, but at least we were delayed 2 hours the last 2 mornings.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)