Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

How often do you go out to eat ?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: How often do you go out to eat ?

Options:

Once a week .. please share

Once every two weeks

Once a month .. please share

Special occasions only .. please share

Other .. please share

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 21

View Results

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Replies (71-80):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:39 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Hopefully not too much longer now though :)

Quoting Looneyfish:

PROFILE PHOTO

We have been eating out every night now that our stove broke we make sure its nothing fancy usually just Mickey D's or Taco Bell.

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:17 AM

That sounds excellent & m sure very tasty :)

Quoting Basherte:

I made hamburgers last night. I don't get the premade patties that are frozen. They cost too much. I just take a pound of ground beef and make my own. 

I put seasonings in the ground beef before I shape them. Each time it's different, either by a little or a lot, depending on what I'm in the mood for.

Last night, I added: 

liquid smoke-mesquite 

salt, pepper

oregano

oh crap, I can't remember the rest of it. I know that I used thyme. onion, and garlic powder. I don't use garlic salt, or onion salt. All it is is garlic powder with salt added to it. I try to use as little salt as I possibly can. Salt can raise blood pressure. Plus there are so many other things that you can add that will add tons of flavor that are healthier for you to add to the food.

Not sure what we are having tonight. Will have to think about it.

Quoting hugss:

LOL .. yes same here ;)

Quoting Basherte:

We have been lately. Probably because it's cold outside. LOL

Quoting hugss:

Thanks!
I have soup every day :)

Quoting Basherte:

That sounds good too. :)

Quoting hugss:

LOL on the healthier
Sounds like a good lunch for you today.
I will be having some ham/bean soup I made last weekend :)

Quoting Basherte:

You could also do a bechemel sauce and add the cream to that. It would be a lot healthier, but I don't make this soup for the healthy. *giggles* 

Gonna heat some of that up today and make a toasted cheese sammich to go with it for myself for lunch.

Quoting hugss:

Thanks so much for sharing this,
Looks just fabulous :)

Quoting Basherte:

Soup:

Heavy cream. 

Milk

8 medium potatoes

about a pound of ham, already cooked.

Seasoning: salt, pepper medley, oregano, thyme, rosemary, nutmeg.

I will be adding caramelized onions, and crisp bacon

It's a simple soup, but sooo good. My son won't eat it though, he won't eat any type of soup right now. 

Quoting hugss:

I think that is great you do that with/for your ds.
I am a soup a holic so your soup sounds so delicious to me!
I know it will be enjoyed :)

Quoting Basherte:

We do. My son gets to order whatever he wants. I show him the pictures and tell him what it is,and he tells me what he wants. 

I order it no matter what it is. Cause he wanted it. So I knwo he will eat it.

mmmmmmmmm man I can smell my potato soup from here. And I'm so hungry. 

Home made potato soup, with ham, potatoes, seasonings, and heavy cream. In about an hour Im gonna caramelize some onions and crisp some bacon and add that as well.

^I know it's random, but I can't help it. It smells so good.

Quoting hugss:

How fun & bet you guys love doing that :)

Quoting Basherte:

We order in maybe once a month.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I try to make everything have a little extra to it. Instead of just plain stuff.

Like chicken... my husband isn't a very big fan of chicken, but the way I make it (and I vary how I prepare it) he actually likes it. I know I didn't succeed in making it taste really good when he says, "Eh, it's chicken." Which is pretty much his response to chicken from anywhere else. Even a restaurant. Because of his feelings on chicken, I strive to make every meal with a little 'pop' to it. Something that he will remember even after the dishes are done. 

It stretches my culinary skills, sometimes to the limit, as of now. And makes a lot of meals something to look forward to. 

He didn't like sausage gravy over biscuits, or chipped beef gravy before. I asked him to taste it once when I had made it for myself. He now eats both of those things. Of course with the chipped beef gravy, I cheat. I use the premade stuff from the store. The sausage gravy I kinda cheat as well. I get the packet of gravy mix, and make that then add my own sausage to it. I also use grands biscuits. Mine aren't quite as good as grands are. Grands biscuits aren't really all that expensive. Especially when they last us like two meals for one container of them.

*giggles* Okay, I'll shush. I could go on forever about food.

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

I made hamburgers last night. I don't get the premade patties that are frozen. They cost too much. I just take a pound of ground beef and make my own. 

I put seasonings in the ground beef before I shape them. Each time it's different, either by a little or a lot, depending on what I'm in the mood for.

Last night, I added: 

liquid smoke-mesquite 

salt, pepper

oregano

oh crap, I can't remember the rest of it. I know that I used thyme. onion, and garlic powder. I don't use garlic salt, or onion salt. All it is is garlic powder with salt added to it. I try to use as little salt as I possibly can. Salt can raise blood pressure. Plus there are so many other things that you can add that will add tons of flavor that are healthier for you to add to the food.

Quoting hugss:

LOL .. yes same here ;)

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Thanks!

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

LOL on the healthier

Quoting Basherte:

You could also do a bechemel sauce and add the cream to that. It would be a lot healthier, but I don't make this soup for the healthy. *giggles* 

Gonna heat some of that up today and make a toasted cheese sammich to go with it for myself for lunch.

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Soup:

Heavy cream. 

Milk

8 medium potatoes

It's a simple soup, but sooo good. My son won't eat it though, he won't eat any type of soup right now. 

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

We do. My son gets to order whatever he wants. I show him the pictures and tell him what it is,and he tells me what he wants. 

Home made potato soup, with ham, potatoes, seasonings, and heavy cream. In about an hour Im gonna caramelize some onions and crisp some bacon and add that as well.

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

hugss

by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:42 AM

LOL .. no need to shush .. food is yummy!
I think it is important to use variations with foods especially chicken!
That's great he has leanred to like foods that you have made now
Means you're doing a good job :)

Quoting Basherte:

I try to make everything have a little extra to it. Instead of just plain stuff.

Like chicken... my husband isn't a very big fan of chicken, but the way I make it (and I vary how I prepare it) he actually likes it. I know I didn't succeed in making it taste really good when he says, "Eh, it's chicken." Which is pretty much his response to chicken from anywhere else. Even a restaurant. Because of his feelings on chicken, I strive to make every meal with a little 'pop' to it. Something that he will remember even after the dishes are done. 

It stretches my culinary skills, sometimes to the limit, as of now. And makes a lot of meals something to look forward to. 

He didn't like sausage gravy over biscuits, or chipped beef gravy before. I asked him to taste it once when I had made it for myself. He now eats both of those things. Of course with the chipped beef gravy, I cheat. I use the premade stuff from the store. The sausage gravy I kinda cheat as well. I get the packet of gravy mix, and make that then add my own sausage to it. I also use grands biscuits. Mine aren't quite as good as grands are. Grands biscuits aren't really all that expensive. Especially when they last us like two meals for one container of them.

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Last night, I added: 

liquid smoke-mesquite 

salt, pepper

oregano

Quoting hugss:

LOL .. yes same here ;)

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Thanks!

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

LOL on the healthier

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Soup:

Heavy cream. 

Milk

8 medium potatoes

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:49 AM

It also means that I can have those foods more often. *giggle*

I also make a taco salad.

Tortilla chips

ground beef (seasoned to make tacos with)

sour cream

quacamole sauce

refried beans

cheesy salsa

Some jalepenos peppers, chopped up small (for hubby)

black olives.

and sometimes I even put some lettuce on it.

^So freaking good. 

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Last night, I added: 

liquid smoke-mesquite 

salt, pepper

oregano

Quoting hugss:

LOL .. yes same here ;)

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Thanks!

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

LOL on the healthier

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Soup:

Heavy cream. 

Milk

8 medium potatoes

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

hugss

by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:52 AM

LOL I like some of those as well but not able to eat anything spicy :)

Quoting Basherte:

Tortilla chips

sour cream

quacamole sauce

refried beans

cheesy salsa

black olives.

^So freaking good. 

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Last night, I added: 

liquid smoke-mesquite 

salt, pepper

oregano

Quoting hugss:

LOL .. yes same here ;)

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Thanks!

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

LOL on the healthier

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Soup:

Heavy cream. 

Milk

8 medium potatoes

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:56 AM

You could always use a really mild seasoning on the beef, skip the cheesy salsa, and just melt some cheddar cheese for it. Leave out the jalepenos (I do that part myself). 

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Tortilla chips

sour cream

quacamole sauce

refried beans

cheesy salsa

black olives.

^So freaking good. 

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Last night, I added: 

liquid smoke-mesquite 

salt, pepper

oregano

Quoting hugss:

LOL .. yes same here ;)

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Thanks!

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

LOL on the healthier

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Soup:

Heavy cream. 

Milk

8 medium potatoes

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

mamavalor
by Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:58 AM

We usually eat out on weekends, sometimes take out if we don't feel like getting out of the house.

hugss

by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:03 AM

That's very true!
Making me hungry now <wink>

Quoting Basherte:

You could always use a really mild seasoning on the beef, skip the cheesy salsa, and just melt some cheddar cheese for it. Leave out the jalepenos (I do that part myself). 

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Tortilla chips

sour cream

quacamole sauce

refried beans

cheesy salsa

black olives.

^So freaking good. 

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Last night, I added: 

liquid smoke-mesquite 

salt, pepper

oregano

Quoting hugss:

LOL .. yes same here ;)

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Thanks!

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

LOL on the healthier

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Soup:

Heavy cream. 

Milk

8 medium potatoes

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Basherte:

hugss

by Platinum Member on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:04 AM

A good way to treat yourself too!
Nice break for you then :)

Quoting mamavalor:

We usually eat out on weekends, sometimes take out if we don't feel like getting out of the house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN