Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Crock Pot Jambalaya

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:41 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok, let me first say that I am NOT one to make separate meals for my kids. I prefer to make ONE meal and if they don't like it, they can eat at little and be done. But, I do not cook to order.

With that said, I did NOT serve this dish to my kids. I made them something kid-friendly for dinner. I saw this dish in a slow cooker cookbook I have and it sounded SO DELICIOUS -- something my husband and I would both love. But, I also knew there was no way in h-e-double-hockey-sticks my kids would be eating shrimp and hot spices.

So, I went into this one knowing I'd have to make two meals. But I wanted the dish THAT badly that I was willing to do this. I AM SO GLAD I DID! WOW! This dish was AWESOME!!!! Seriously. SO, SO GOOD. And I am SO EXCITED that there are tons of leftovers for the two of us to eat for lunch this next week!!! :)

If you like spicy food, if you like jambalaya... you will NOT be disappointed with this one. Two thumbs up!

Here is the recipe:

http://www.letscrockandroll.com/#!/2013/01/crock-pot-jambalaya.html

Michelle, mom to Lucy, Henry and Charlie

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
abra
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:33 PM
awesome! That sounds yummy to me!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Platinum Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Love jambalya .. glad you'll have the LO's :)

Juniper53098
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:22 AM

TFS

wandep
by Gold Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Looks interesting.

heather4511
by Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 10:14 PM

That looks very yummy as well. I havent had that for about 5 years now. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)