Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

How do you measure your stress level?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 50 Replies

It is Tuesday, which is a reason to be stressed, right? Oh, wait...maybe that is just me. Any given day could be a cause for stress...the kicker is, sometimes, we don't realize just how stressed we are, how much is really weighing on us.

I have a good barometer to my stress level: how easily I laugh. Over the weekend, we were playing a game of Monkey in the Middle aka Keep Away (though it should be renamed Mama in the Middle, as I am always in the center, trying to snatch the ball from my husband or daughter). It was tons o' fun. Kiddo was giggling, my husband was giggling, and I -- finally -- started to laugh and "let go" about halfway through. I was enjoying myself the whole time, but it took me a while to really get loose and guffaw.

It's because, yeah, I'm stressed. Nothing huge, but Life Stuff here and there that tends to hang around and weigh on the brain (and the heart). Do I get a tad gnarly or less patient when I'm stressed? Yup. Do I wake up at 2:34 a.m. and toss and turn for an hour or so? Yup. Does my stomach get wonko? Yup. But I can always tell just how much stress is affecting me by my ability to laugh.

What about you? How stressed are you? How do you know when you are really stressed? 

©iStockphoto.com/ DNY59

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:16 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Platinum Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Depends on how I feel I guess,
Not too stressful for me :)

Moms_Angels1960
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:03 AM

Right now pretty stressed, hubby & I are fighting, my helper is out with influenza and the people trying to help me frankly aren't much help at all. Leaving me to do the majority of the cooking and cleanup.But they are help to a certain degree and I am not talking to my dad right now.

emilyrosenj
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:24 AM
I know I'm stressed when I zone out. Then I need a time out or exercise break.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by Gold Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:38 AM
1 mom liked this

me too

Quoting hugss:

Juniper53098
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:12 AM
1 mom liked this

I loose my patience with the family more easily when I'm feeling stressed.

aidensmomma508
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Ya I do get stressed I'm bringing my son to the dr for his physical today and I have a feeling of impending doom lol my son hates drs usually. 

natesmom1228
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:15 AM

I honestly don't really get stressed. As long as my family is happy and my bills are paid then I am good to go. I do go to the gym 5 days a week and that helps.

timon95
by Silver Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 9:41 AM

yup

Quoting Juniper53098:

I loose my patience with the family more easily when I'm feeling stressed.

family car

natesmom1228
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting hugss:

Same here.

4kidz916
by Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I'm usually stressed due to my busy schedule.  I handle it pretty well on the outside, but it eats me up on the inside. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)