Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Why am I so indecisive?

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 58 Replies

There are moments where I waste a lot of time. Yes, when I get sucked into a reality TV marathon is one. Making decisions is another. I have realized I am really indecisive...whether shopping for a new tote bag or debating what to wear, I can spend quite a few more minutes than I need to on making a decision.

Maybe I've always been a tad slow on choosing A, B or C, but I'd never really noticed it. Now, as time is short and days are filled, when I'm indecisive and can't make up my mind...well, it really gets me off schedule, which stresses me out and then makes me even more paralyzed to make a choice.

So, what's at the root of my indecisiveness? Part of it, I'm sure, is that I'm tired. My brain is just wiped out and the ol' noggin isn't firing as quickly. The other part? I don't want to make a mistake. I don't want to choose incorrectly. Weird, but true. This is even a larger issue now as I think so many elements of this Mommy Life is out of my control, often my time is not always my own, the things I do have control over, well, I want to do them right.

What do you think? Are you decisive or indecisive? When are the times you are most indecisive?

©iStockphoto.com/ s-cphoto

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heather2001
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 1:12 AM

My hubby and I are both Libras - this makes decision-making a DISASTER.  So I'm going to blame my zodiac sign, haha.

wandep
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 7:11 AM

Never really thought about it.

lillucky8
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:09 AM
It depends on what about. Certain things i am very secure in my choices, others i need reassurance.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:39 AM

I am both, depending on the circumstances.  My husband says I should take more time to decide some things, such as when to make a restaurant reservation, but when it comes to shopping, I take forever to weigh all of the options.

Rushn311
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I am pretty  decisive all the time. I think if  I wasn't, it would  drive me nuts.

pregnancy calendar

Juniper53098
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:41 AM

I don't have trouble with important decisions.  If I don't feel it's important, DH makes the decision for us.

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:46 AM

I can be both.

kellynh
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 8:59 AM

I am in no way indesisive...lol!! I'm a Taurus! ;)

GwenMB
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I'm not usually too bad.  My biggest indecisiveness comes when its time to decide what to have for dinner. lol  But I usually can decide what to do fairly quickly.

If I can't, and its a bigger decision, I tend to let it simmer for a while because a decision will usually come to me.

BabyTeki
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:25 AM
I'm indecisive. I hate making decisions on my own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)