Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Why am I so indecisive?

Posted by   + Show Post

There are moments where I waste a lot of time. Yes, when I get sucked into a reality TV marathon is one. Making decisions is another. I have realized I am really indecisive...whether shopping for a new tote bag or debating what to wear, I can spend quite a few more minutes than I need to on making a decision.

Maybe I've always been a tad slow on choosing A, B or C, but I'd never really noticed it. Now, as time is short and days are filled, when I'm indecisive and can't make up my mind...well, it really gets me off schedule, which stresses me out and then makes me even more paralyzed to make a choice.

So, what's at the root of my indecisiveness? Part of it, I'm sure, is that I'm tired. My brain is just wiped out and the ol' noggin isn't firing as quickly. The other part? I don't want to make a mistake. I don't want to choose incorrectly. Weird, but true. This is even a larger issue now as I think so many elements of this Mommy Life is out of my control, often my time is not always my own, the things I do have control over, well, I want to do them right.

What do you think? Are you decisive or indecisive? When are the times you are most indecisive?

©iStockphoto.com/ s-cphoto

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
natesmom1228
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I am not really that indecisive about anything. I can usually come to a decision and stick with it.

sukainah
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:42 AM

I think I am indecisive more than decisive.  One of the times is when it comes to making dinner and what I should make.

sukainah
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:43 AM

LOL

Quoting Heather2001:

My hubby and I are both Libras - this makes decision-making a DISASTER.  So I'm going to blame my zodiac sign, haha.

momofsixangels
by Platinum Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I am a very indecisive person

natesmom1228
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Rushn311:

I am pretty  decisive all the time. I think if  I wasn't, it would  drive me nuts.

I am with you. I have to know what is going on.

SlightlyPerfect
Ugliness and worthlessness, when combined, will only produce failure.
Yesterday at 10:16 AM
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I'm ungodly decisive.

slightlyperfect

aidensmomma508
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I can be both lol how indecisive lol making plans I tend to go back and forth on

sukainah
by Gold Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I guess this is how I am too.  I can't decide LOL

Quoting aidensmomma508:

I can be both lol how indecisive lol making plans I tend to go back and forth on

jessicasmom1
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I am a libra to and I have a awful time to decide

4kidz916
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I'm a pretty decisive type of person.  My oldest on the other hand is very indecisive. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)