Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Birthday cakes

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:29 PM
  • 33 Replies

Do you buy them or make them? If you make them, how crafty to do get? My kids always want castles or ladybugs or cars or monkies. I'm not much of a cake decorator! AH!

.....Ophelia Grace...............Mira Lorne...............Jude Bennett.........Liam Daniel Baines.

by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Not very crafty here, LOL
Have made them & bought them ;)

Heather2001
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 1:30 AM

I make mine - I'm not a fan of store-bought cakes.

wandep
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:19 AM

LOL No, we usually buy cakes. My daughter's birthday is coming up and she wants cupcakes. She doesn't like cake. I stress about cupcakes because I can't make them good. :( I posted on facebook about it and a friend of mine has agreed to do them for me for free...all I do is buy the ingredients from her. :) I have to have like 40 cupcakes next weekend.

aidensmomma508
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:02 AM

We buy them usually

heather4511
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I made this for my DDs birthday 2 years ago. I like to make the kids their own special cake and coordinating cupcakes for everyone else. :] (i only used this barbie because magically the legs came off..yeah right.)

babygomez
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Buy. I'll be getting a new stove soon, so I'll make them from time to time.

Juniper53098
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:30 PM

I make them, but I just do a simple layer cake.  Not sure what I'll do this year, with the no grains thing....  But there are nut flour cake recipes.  Just haven't tried one, yet, to see how it works out.

abra
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:37 PM
wow!!

Quoting heather4511:

I made this for my DDs birthday 2 years ago. I like to make the kids their own special cake and coordinating cupcakes for everyone else. :] (i only used this barbie because magically the legs came off..yeah right.)

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
heather4511
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:03 PM
:)

Quoting abra:

wow!!

Quoting heather4511:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:20 PM

I used to buy them but now I make them.

If I could afford to get a mould for a car, I would buy it and decorate it. I'd also have to have money for the airbrush stuff.

I'd learn how to use that on my own if need be. 

Right now, I just make a sheet cake, and use regular icing to decorate it. I use colored icing or color it myself.

I did a spongebob squarepants cake for my son. He loved it and it really looked like him. But it was a sheet cake and not a cake that stood up. (if you know what I mean)

I really want to learn a lot more when it comes to cakes and decorating.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN