Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

IM SORRY BUT...

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:29 PM
  • 12 Replies
When did it become ok to brag about PA , FS??????? I totally understand that sometimes it is necessary and much needed but I'm sorry to say that if u have enough money to have the damned internet and a device to use it on then u need to stop thinking that it is "cool" to get food stamps! IT IS NOT OK IT IS DISGUSTING TO BRAG ABOUT IT!!!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Juniper53098
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

You don't know anyone's circumstances.  You don't know that they have a "device" or internet access at home.  They may be at the library or at school.

That said, no, I don't think anyone should brag about being on assistance.  They should be working to get off of it.

Mommy2justone
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 10:38 PM
They get free phones with text under government assistance. And our libraries have free internet. I am not on assistance, but do not judge. My husband has an I-phone 4, we can't afford it, thankfully his job gave him the phone and pays for it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lillucky8
by Silver Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:54 AM
I agree, it does seem in another group ive noticed alot of bragging about fs and what they can buy w them.

I also know how hard it is to get out of a phone contract once you get one...we probably shouldnt have ours but it would be $350 per phone to cancel our contract which is even more outrageous than our bill :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:02 AM

it is not right to brag about it at all and the fact they think it is a cool thing is disturbing but u dont kno anyone circumstances of why they need it but i really think if they r bragging about they most likely dont really have to be on them to get by even more so if they have a lot of nice things

gmadiane
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I wasn't aware many people bragged about it.

meam4444
by Bronze Member on Feb. 1, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree--its not right to brag about it.  And, I think some people could look at their finances to set themself up better finanicially.  However, I do not know everyone's situation, and these programs are there for a reason.  I just hope the majority of the people to receive assistance need and appreciate it.

brownhoney21
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Quoting gmadiane:

I wasn't aware many people bragged about it.

Hannahsmommy816
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM

i didnt know ppl bragged about it either....to each their own

k9l1c5
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2013 at 2:17 PM

The only place I see anyone brag about it is on CM and most people I think are really doing it just to get a rise out of others...

4kidz916
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I totally agree with this. 

Quoting meam4444:

I agree--its not right to brag about it.  And, I think some people could look at their finances to set themself up better finanicially.  However, I do not know everyone's situation, and these programs are there for a reason.  I just hope the majority of the people to receive assistance need and appreciate it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN