Advertisement Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do you buy your children Valentine gifts?

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:45 PM
  • 26 Replies

Do you buy your kids Valentines day gifts or is that day purely for your sweetheart?If you buy the kids gifts what do you get them and at what age do you stop?

by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lillucky8
by Silver Member on Feb. 2, 2013 at 3:16 PM
Yep we do. Last yr dh got dd a little leopard stuffed animal. This year ive gotten her a little heart box ill fill with teddy grahams and im sure dh will get her a card and something small also. I have no idea when we will stop, maybe when she moves out. This will be ds first vday, and im sure dh will get him a small stuffed animal or something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
babygomez
by Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:17 AM

I get both a kids a gift bag each with goodies inside.

For my daughter- she'll be getting some candy, marbles, and ballerina slippers.

For my son- He'll be getting some lolipops, a book, and a small toy car.

My SO & I don't celebrate. :) Our kids are very young, so I won't be stopping for a long time. They are 4 years old, and 13 months old.

TigerofMu
by Silver Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:20 AM

We do.  We even buy our grown kids cards and send them.  We buy little stuff, usually a small bucket, basket or bag (dollar tree has these really cute metal pails), a little candy (it is Valentine's Day after all), some cute pencils and erasers, and maybe some other kind of trinket.  We've done stuffed animals before too.  Just depends on what I find :).

This was a couple of years ago...

AzariahsMother
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Yes, and no.  I have some years and haven't the others.  Last year I made her gift, and this year I will be making it too.  Makes it a little more special for her. 

sweetsouthrnMom
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Of course I buy my daughter something for Valentine's Day along with my Husband! Well it is my favorite holiday, but I still would irregardless. Let's see here, I have bought her her own little box of chocolates and a stuffed animal, and a flower since she was born. *She is only two now*...I don't plan to stop anytime soon. I suppose people can say it is a commercial holiday but I don't care... I love this holiday and I try to make all holidays special for my daughter, and husband. No it's not about money, but ha ha the pictures of her licking her first chocolate are PRICELESS!

gmadiane
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I always bought my 4 kids a box of candy until they were adults now its my grandkids

meam4444
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2013 at 6:12 PM

We do--it is usually something little.

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 8:38 AM

If I were to buy my son a valentine's day gift, I wouldn't ever stop. That would be like saying "I don't love you anymore"

I don't because me and hubby don't really celebrate that day. We believe that we should show each other every day how much we love each other. Buying gifts to show that love isn't really showing love. It's showing how much you are willing to spend on the other one. 

wedding countdown

Sisteract
by Bronze Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:49 AM

No

lalasmama2007
by Silver Member on Feb. 4, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Yes, I always buy my dd a few small things.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement