Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Channel your inner kid

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 51 Replies
1 mom liked this

While watching TV, both my husband and I usually have our feet out, on top of the tableman (the ottoman that also does the job of a table) and at the end of a show, when the theme music plays, we often bop our feet to the music, make them have a little dance. We've done it for as long as I can remember. It always makes us grin, is pretty goofy. At that moment, we are a little bit like kids...and it feels good.

It got me thinking about how many times a day or week or month we channel our "inner kid" - do something for the pure fun of it, for the pure enjoyment. Think about watching your kids play, unaware of external or internal judgments, just doing something because it is fun and makes them feel good. Awesome, right? Why can't we do that more?

Riiiigggghhhhht, because we have those things called repsonsibilities...and we have a lot of them. But there has to be a few little ways we can all channel our inner kid and get that "fun" boost. A few I am going to do:

-- Pop on some fun nail polish. For a day or two, I'm ditching the beige or clear polish and painting my nails a fun bright color.

-- Drink chocolate milk. Why not?

-- Buy my old favorite bubble gum and blow a few bubbles.

-- Find a new, totally mindless game app I like on my iPhone...and play it. Every day.

-- Have a dance party when the kiddo is at school.

-- Learn and tell a new joke....and I'm going to tell it to everyone I see.

When was the last time you channeled your inner kid? What did you do? What do you want to do?

©iStockphoto.com/ Merlion

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleK41
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:24 AM

Very cute post!  I probably channel my inner youth about every day when I turn the car stereo up loud and be bop to the tunes when I am alone. ;)

wandep
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Sometimes I take bubble baths. :) Played basketball with the kiddos too.

lillucky8
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:51 AM
I have a two yr old and six month old, i channel my inner child often while playing with them or having dance parties in the kitchen
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:02 AM

I need to do this.  

arpazia
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Bubbles! Lol, I'm channeling my inner kid all of the time:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicasmom1
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:38 AM

bubbles, turn up the music and sing out load, dance with DD

natesmom1228
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Great article. I need to work on that more.

goddess99
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:50 AM

I drink chocolate milk, blow bubbles, and play video games. I'm the only one in the house who wants to get Just Dance for our Wii.

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:05 AM

I drink chocolate milk anytime we get it for the kids lol.

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I have several mindless gaes on my phone. lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)