Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

What’s the deal with my low energy level?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:00 AM
  • 58 Replies
2 moms liked this

Okay, so here it is...some days, I feel totally energetic. No extra cup of coffee is needed, I'm grooving along with good momentum, the day rolls along at a good pace. Yet, other days, man, I feel like I have two 16-pound cats hanging on my legs. I'm dragging. My grey matter is firing those brainwaves at molasses speed rather than its usual steady clip. My energy level is low.

I've done a lot of research (that's what I'm here for, people) and there could be a few ways to kick this lagging energy level into a higher gear.

-- Get moving. Even though this sounds like the last thing you want to do when you have no oomph, exercising is the number one way to boost your energy level.  In the moment, it gets you over that lagging hump, but doing it on a consistent basis is even better.

-- Drink some water. One main symptom of dehydration is lethargy, no energy. Grab a big glass of H2O and see if that helps.

-- Eat something. Again, if you are feeling sluggish, think of the last time you ate...maybe you have some low blood sugar going on. But grab some good complex carbs or protein, not a sugary treat.

-- Get a physical. If you've been feeling less than stellar, go to the doc. Get your blood levels checked for anemia and ask for a test of your thyroid - a big symptom for many women who have thyroid disease is low energy.

Do you feel sluggish more days than not? What do you do to boost your enegery level? 

©iStockphoto.com/ aSergieiev

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:11 AM

i always feel drained of energy. haven't found anything to help yet.

4kidz916
by Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:54 AM

I do have those days.  I usually grab a cup of coffee to give me energy.

lillucky8
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:58 AM
Lately ive been feeling it alot. But i think its because ive been sick over a month and havent been able to work out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aneela
by Silver Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:22 AM

on a few days here and there....

all these are good suggestions and if these don't help...

then it may be something that needs closer attention and possible medical care

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Not really. My energy is pretty high during the day

natesmom1228
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Yes there are some days that I do, but I usually go to the gym for a good workout.

gmadiane
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:07 AM

I do feel like if I am doing things my energy level is higher than just sitting around the house

slw123
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:15 AM

My energy level is connected to the weather.  If it's cloudy out, I'm a snail.  If it's sunny out, I'm hopping full of energy.

sukainah
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:22 AM

I feel sluggish on most days, but that's because I don't do the things on your list, which are all good ideas.  I did get a physical and my thyroid is fine and no anemia.

I just have to push myself to get stuff done.

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:24 AM

I have thyroid issues and I take a supplement.  Also exercise, and eating a little and drinking some water are all things that help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)