Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

What’s the deal with my low energy level?

Posted by   + Show Post

Okay, so here it is...some days, I feel totally energetic. No extra cup of coffee is needed, I'm grooving along with good momentum, the day rolls along at a good pace. Yet, other days, man, I feel like I have two 16-pound cats hanging on my legs. I'm dragging. My grey matter is firing those brainwaves at molasses speed rather than its usual steady clip. My energy level is low.

I've done a lot of research (that's what I'm here for, people) and there could be a few ways to kick this lagging energy level into a higher gear.

-- Get moving. Even though this sounds like the last thing you want to do when you have no oomph, exercising is the number one way to boost your energy level.  In the moment, it gets you over that lagging hump, but doing it on a consistent basis is even better.

-- Drink some water. One main symptom of dehydration is lethargy, no energy. Grab a big glass of H2O and see if that helps.

-- Eat something. Again, if you are feeling sluggish, think of the last time you ate...maybe you have some low blood sugar going on. But grab some good complex carbs or protein, not a sugary treat.

-- Get a physical. If you've been feeling less than stellar, go to the doc. Get your blood levels checked for anemia and ask for a test of your thyroid - a big symptom for many women who have thyroid disease is low energy.

Do you feel sluggish more days than not? What do you do to boost your enegery level? 

©iStockphoto.com/ aSergieiev

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (51-58):
nngmommy83
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:24 AM

when I workout, eat healthy and stay hydrated I have great energy

LOswald0314
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Yes, and it's usually because I haven't been chugging the water.

elasmimi
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:35 AM

I do feel sluggish most of the time, but there are reasons for it, most od which are beyond my control. I do find, however, that especially # 1 is very true. when I feel like I'm "treating" myself by lying around in bed, it only gets worse.

wandep
Please join my group Cleaning the Flylady Way. We'd love to have you! :)
Yesterday at 3:42 PM
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 7:51 AM

I am always tired but that is because of my Enbrel shot that I give myself every week. :(

AzariahsMother
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Ummm in the mornings I feel sluggish, but once I have had a shower I am fine. 

Basherte
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Here I thought this thread was you asking for help to feel a little more energized.

Not what it actually is though.

wedding countdown

Ethans-mommy
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Under active Thyroid?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MomTiara19
by Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Watch for eating any carbs,sugar,processed and junk foods....they really drag me down.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)