Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

trying to be the bigger person

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:48 PM
  • 6 Replies
SoI made the first call to my mom and today I took my kids to see her an my dad.. Not yet has she said sorry she acts like she don't want me here but not letting her ruin the fun my kids are having so I set back an watch as they laugh an play with there papa.. She will get over it she is My mom I love her.. One day she will except me for who I am
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:01 PM

I'm glad you were able to go over and visit.  Maybe your mom is hurt or just upset about something with you and doesn't know how to communicate that to you.  I don't know.  I LOVED my dad so much BUT we weren't close at all until I got to be an adult.  Then I learned so many things about him and what made him the way he was.  Sadly he died unexpectedly in May 2007.  I'm SO glad though that we had an awesome relationship.  Better late than never, right?  I hope things will work out for you and your mom.  Good luck!!  Keep us posted.   :)

happymommy1105
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:22 PM

My mom can't accept my choices in life either.  we are very distant.  I don't like it.  She constantly leaves me out of stuff and many times won't even let me in her house.  I dunno.  

I hope ya'll can work it out.

cristalf060812
by Member on Feb. 7, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Me to.. One day we will be closer.. No matter what I love her..new and my dad have a good relationship..always have.. Thanks for all the advice.. It helped to vent
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 10:04 PM
I hope 1 day it will work out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2013 at 8:30 AM

ditto and good luck

Quoting AzariahsMother:

I hope 1 day it will work out.

nngmommy83
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:40 PM

good for you for being the bigger person

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)