Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Is it unromantic to not want...

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:23 AM
  • 20 Replies

Flowers and chocolates on valentines day?

Are you a valentines day type of girl...like all the cutesy and romantic stuff?

Do you get sad if you dont get flowers (and chocolates)?

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GwenMB
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:48 AM

I like chocolate & flowers, but I don't care if I get them for Valentines Day.

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Flowers would be sweet, but I would prefer them on a Tuesday in May or something silly, for no reason other than because we can.  They are too expensive on Valentines Day.  And I'm trying to avoid chocolate (and sugar in general)!

AzariahsMother
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I am a Valentine's Day type, but I am not hard core where I NEED to have something or want something.  Any act of kindness showing your love is what works for me. 

meam4444
by Bronze Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:07 AM

I like the acknowledgement of v-day.  He bought me a rose the other day which was sweet.  I hope he does something for our girls.

gmadiane
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:19 AM

really this is going to sound so unromantic but I have gotten to a point in my life when I would prefer to just know I am loved and respected every day not just one day out of the year, I did get candy and a balloon and I do appreciate it but my world would not have crumbled if I did not get anything

happymommy1105
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:43 PM
I don't do valentines day.

It is not romantic nor thoughtful to celebrate"love" with the rest of the country, because hallmark said so.

If a man loves you, he should show you everyday of the year. he should take time out of his day to show you he loves you on anyvgiven day.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wandep
I luv Disney :)
Yesterday at 1:30 PM
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I don't want chocolates or flowers. :) I think hubby is just getting me a card and a stuff animal. :) 

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:54 PM

I'm single now so it won't matter really but when I was married I didn't make a big deal out of it.  He would always come home with something and I thought it was sweet but for me personally....I'd have rather gone out to dinner or something like that on an unexpected day as a surprise. 

kmqw229
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:04 PM
It is not a huge deal to me
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by on Feb. 25, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Goodness...don't get me flowers on Valentine's Day!!  They are too expensive then.  A box of chocolates is nice, but if you want to get me flowers, get them on any other day but Valentine's!  Then again, you can get boxes of chocolates anytime too. 

I'm not one that has to have something that day, but it's always surprising if I do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)