Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Is it unromantic to not want...

Posted by   + Show Post

Flowers and chocolates on valentines day?

Are you a valentines day type of girl...like all the cutesy and romantic stuff?

Do you get sad if you dont get flowers (and chocolates)?

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:23 AM
Replies (11-20):
nngmommy83
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:03 PM

We don't celebrate either! I much prefer random acts of romance istead of him having to buy me something

Wish2Be
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I get a little down if I dont get anything... I will pass on the chocolate....love dinner and flowers.

GwenMB
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TigerofMu:

Flowers would be sweet, but I would prefer them on a Tuesday in May or something silly, for no reason other than because we can.  They are too expensive on Valentines Day.  And I'm trying to avoid chocolate (and sugar in general)!

I agree that random flowers are sweeter.  I appreciate anything whenever I get it, but part of me wishes he'd surprise me just because rather than it being our anniv or the Rotary was selling flowers.

KristinRox
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:44 PM

No. Chocolates or flowers dont necessarily mean romantic. I dont get sad if I dont get gifts for v-day. In reality its for commercial businesses. 

KristinRox
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Me too :0)

Quoting Wish2Be:

I get a little down if I dont get anything... I will pass on the chocolate....love dinner and flowers.

JOIN US ON:

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Dh & I don't do that sort of thing. We rather save the money for a weekend get away.

abra
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:25 PM

I like romance, I don't like cutesy. I don't feel sad if I don't get anything. For me, valentines day is just another excuse to show my hubby and kids how much I love them, but I try to do that all the time anyway. 

Hottmomma607
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I don't do flowers! But love chocolate! LOL

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Yes, I like getting flowers and chocolates. :)

countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:52 PM

I will never say no to flowers or chocolate(okay, especially chocolate) but they aren't a must for Valentine's Day.  We know we love each other and we try to show each other always so we don't go all our for Valentine's Day. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)