Advertisement Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Channel your inner ninja

Posted by   + Show Post

Lately, my kiddo is all about being ninja-like...stealth, super-skilled, able to maneuver through tough situations with aplomb. Okay, specifically, she's into being a ninja kitty, but that is a long story. Regardless, I have ninjas on the brain and I'm thinking that is a good thing.

Right, it sounds odd, but stay with me here. I'm trying to remember just how ninja-esque I am on any given day, just doing "mom things." I am a ninja mom. I know the locations of 399 minuscule plastic toys ("In the second cubby from the left, in the pullout white bin, with all of those bottle caps."). I can fold 23 pairs of leggings, make dinner and oversee homework all at the same time. I can pack a lunch in 44 seconds flat. I deftly explain the subway ads about sexually transmitted diseases without totally loading my five-year-old with information that is waaaaay beyond her years.

Yes, I am a ninja...and so are you. We are all ninjas -- wielding love, forgiveness, and guidance, helping our kids through this world. When the tasks get a little "same old, same old", visualize yourself as that ninja - masterful and skilled. Feel free to whisper "Ninja!" after you get the kids to bed with only three calls for juice and blanket adjustments. 

Share little things do you do that make you feel masterful and ninja-like! 

©iStockphoto.com/ ZargonDesign    

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (31-40):
Bmat
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:50 PM

When I plan a meal, get it cooked and cleaned up, and can look at my clean kitchen.

elasmimi
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I think I lost my Ninja license when I took on this last child to raise!

Wish2Be
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I creep up behind DS when he is on the computer in the other room to see what he is actually doing...and I would say 4-5 times he doesnt even know I just checked on him :)

timon95
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:39 PM

yep

Quoting 4kidz916:

When I accomplish all the things on my to-do list, I feel like a Ninja!

family car

Wish2Be
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Quoting 4kidz916:

When I accomplish all the things on my to-do list, I feel like a Ninja!

I would feel like a ninja if I could do that too.... I havent completed the entire list in a long time :(

CafeMom Tickers
Wish2Be
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Quoting meam4444:

I feel like one when I survive a day of errands with the four kids in tow.

You must be a super ninja ! Its hard enough with one.

CafeMom Tickers
4kidz916
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:40 PM

That is a great feeling.

Quoting Bmat:

When I plan a meal, get it cooked and cleaned up, and can look at my clean kitchen.

Charizma77
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:26 PM

This!

Quoting kmqw229:

I feel like a ninja when I lay down with my baby to get him to sleep & then sneak away and he stays asleep.

Bob192
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 9:42 PM

I'm super quick at laundry and dishes!!

AzariahsMother
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Nothing as of late
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement