Advertisement Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Easter this year

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:51 AM
  • 12 Replies

Anyone else notice that Easter candy was already out on shelves before Valentines Day? Easter is also March 31st I thought it was always in April?

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:49 AM

It can be in March.  The Easter sunday date is the Sunday after the Paschal full moon which is the full moon after the first day of spring.  However, I do know around the world, different calendars follow the dates differently...not sure exactly of those details.

butterflyk1ssez
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Easter candy always starts hitting the shelves here the day of Valentines day. Every. Single. Year. not sure how they decide what day is Eastern Sunday though.

Pregnancy Ticker

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Yes, I did notice it.  It drives me crazy how we can't get through one holiday before we put out the next one.

meam4444
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I think every year it gets earlier and earlier...same with all the other holidays.

Quoting butterflyk1ssez:

Easter candy always starts hitting the shelves here the day of Valentines day. Every. Single. Year. not sure how they decide what day is Eastern Sunday though.

butterflyk1ssez
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:03 AM

The only two holiday I think are rushed every year is Thanksgiving and Christmas. I don't find Easter or Valentine's day comes early.

Quoting meam4444:

I think every year it gets earlier and earlier...same with all the other holidays.

Quoting butterflyk1ssez:

Pregnancy Ticker

TigerofMu
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Yes I saw it.  It varies from year to year.

kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Very interesting!

Quoting meam4444:

It can be in March.  The Easter sunday date is the Sunday after the Paschal full moon which is the full moon after the first day of spring.  However, I do know around the world, different calendars follow the dates differently...not sure exactly of those details.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Easter falls on my niece's 5th birthday!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:29 AM

How exciting!  My oldest turns six the day after it...so I am sure we will be doing something with family on that day in celebration.

Quoting kmqw229:

Easter falls on my niece's 5th birthday!

wandep
by Silver Member on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:57 PM

yeah :( sucks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement