Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

vacation

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:21 PM
  • 11 Replies
We leave to go on vacation tomorrow. we are flying to CO. im nervous taking a 3 month old and a 7 year old alone!

I finally got bf to agree to let me check a bag. i got all 3 of our clothes in 1 bag and it only weighs 47lbs!!

When you fly do you check bags? Do you only do carry ons?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Carry ons  would be best, and if it's just me I usually do that.  With the whole family I don't think it would be manageable though.

gmadiane
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:58 AM

have fun, I have not flown in years

wandep
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Sounds like a fun time! Bring them things to do on the plane ride. I've never flew with small kids but I'm sure they will get bored. So make sure you take some coloring stuff and small toys that don't make noise. :)

Quoting happymommy1105:

We leave to go on vacation tomorrow. we are flying to CO. im nervous taking a 3 month old and a 7 year old alone!

I finally got bf to agree to let me check a bag. i got all 3 of our clothes in 1 bag and it only weighs 47lbs!!

When you fly do you check bags? Do you only do carry ons?

wandep
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:00 AM

We are going to North Carolina in 4 weeks. I am so excited!! We're renting a cabin for a week. We've never been to the mountains only the beaches because they are closer to us. I sure hope it will snow while we are there. The first night we will drive to Helen Ga it is a small tourist town. Spend the night there and then drive over to North Carolina on Sunday afternoon. The place we're renting even has a hot tub. Woo hoo!

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I've never flown.  lol  Can you believe it????  lol  It's true!  I hope you have a great time!!!  :)

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:08 AM

I live in NC and our mountains are my FAV place to go....anytime of year....lol  What part are you going to?  I like to go up to Bryson City.  We've found a nice cabin there that we've rented for a week at the time.  It's so cute and comfy there.  I hope you have a great time!!  I'll be jealous.  lol   Just kidding.   :)

Quoting wandep:

We are going to North Carolina in 4 weeks. I am so excited!! We're renting a cabin for a week. We've never been to the mountains only the beaches because they are closer to us. I sure hope it will snow while we are there. The first night we will drive to Helen Ga it is a small tourist town. Spend the night there and then drive over to North Carolina on Sunday afternoon. The place we're renting even has a hot tub. Woo hoo!

wandep
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 10:49 AM

We are going to Franklin NC. It's about a 9 hr drive from where we are. I am so excited about it. The cabin is 4 story and over 2000 sqft. Has heated flooring downstairs. The name is called above the clouds and they say if you get up around 9 am you can see the clouds. Its suppose to be pretty awesome. The hot tub is a 12 person hot tub. Will be great for my arthritis. :) 4 weeks can't come soon enough for us!

Quoting louannwilkins:

I live in NC and our mountains are my FAV place to go....anytime of year....lol  What part are you going to?  I like to go up to Bryson City.  We've found a nice cabin there that we've rented for a week at the time.  It's so cute and comfy there.  I hope you have a great time!!  I'll be jealous.  lol   Just kidding.   :)

Quoting wandep:

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Sounds wonderful!!  You should check out Highlands NC too.  I don't think it's too far from where you'll be.  There are a ton of gorgeous waterfalls in that area too.  When we go we always take a day and go to Highlands and browse in the shops and eat at this place called the sports page.  They have homemade potato soup and all kinds of homemade stuff really.  We always get a cup of that and a half of a sandwich...chicken salad which is also made there.  lol  THEN we walk across the road to Kilwins and have some icecream and THEN we try to walk the extra calories off!!  LOL  Anyway....you'll have to share some pics for us.  I hope you have a great time!!!   :)

Quoting wandep:

We are going to Franklin NC. It's about a 9 hr drive from where we are. I am so excited about it. The cabin is 4 story and over 2000 sqft. Has heated flooring downstairs. The name is called above the clouds and they say if you get up around 9 am you can see the clouds. Its suppose to be pretty awesome. The hot tub is a 12 person hot tub. Will be great for my arthritis. :) 4 weeks can't come soon enough for us!

Quoting louannwilkins:

Quoting wandep:

wandep
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Thanks for the ideas. I will have to check it out. Been looking online for things to do nearby since it will be off season when we go there. Yes, will def take pictures. :) Super excited about going. lol

Quoting louannwilkins:

Sounds wonderful!!  You should check out Highlands NC too.  I don't think it's too far from where you'll be.  There are a ton of gorgeous waterfalls in that area too.  When we go we always take a day and go to Highlands and browse in the shops and eat at this place called the sports page.  They have homemade potato soup and all kinds of homemade stuff really.  We always get a cup of that and a half of a sandwich...chicken salad which is also made there.  lol  THEN we walk across the road to Kilwins and have some icecream and THEN we try to walk the extra calories off!!  LOL  Anyway....you'll have to share some pics for us.  I hope you have a great time!!!   :)

Quoting wandep:

Quoting louannwilkins:

Quoting wandep:

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 4:29 PM

I don't know what your interests are or how far you'd be willing to drive but I can tell you a couple of places.  Bryson City has the train ride.  We went on the 4 hour ride and had the meal....I had pork loin with mango salsa and it was awesome.  It's very relaxing!!!!!  Beautiful scenery too...we didn't want to get off!!  LOL  Also Waynesville is a nice little town to go to.  Most definitely look at the waterfalls.  There is one you can actually walk behind.   I believe it's called Dry Falls.  Theres an area right by Bryson City called Deep Creek where people go tubing and hiking but you can also have a picnic there by the creek.  It's so pretty there!  Anyway....just some ideas.  :)

Quoting wandep:

Thanks for the ideas. I will have to check it out. Been looking online for things to do nearby since it will be off season when we go there. Yes, will def take pictures. :) Super excited about going. lol

Quoting louannwilkins:

Quoting wandep:

Quoting louannwilkins:

Quoting wandep:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN