Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Are you envious of others? Why?

simple frown

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Replies (31-40):
countrygirlkat
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I don't think so.  I try not to be. 

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 5:51 PM

I don't think I am. I realized I was grown up when I found that I didn't envy.

elasmimi
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Yes, it's one of my worst qualities. We have had financial difficulties for several years, and don't have things as nice as we did before, mainly the house. I know in my head that those aren't the most important things in life, and I pray about my envy daily.

elasmimi
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:08 PM

I am so sorry. And this is one of the things that makes me so ashamed of my own envy. If you look around, there is always someone in worse shape. I hope things work out for you.

Quoting momofsixangels:

Yes.Because my life is a mess .I am unhappy and now we go to court on the 28th and its for foreclosure.I am depressed and cant even give my children a place to live

CafeMom Tickers
momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Quoting elasmimi:

I am so sorry. And this is one of the things that makes me so ashamed of my own envy. If you look around, there is always someone in worse shape. I hope things work out for you.

Quoting momofsixangels:

Yes.Because my life is a mess .I am unhappy and now we go to court on the 28th and its for foreclosure.I am depressed and cant even give my children a place to live

Thank-you.But dont be ashamed of your envy.Its ok to have it

timon95
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:39 PM

exactly

Quoting meam4444:

Nope--I am happy for others and their successes just like I would want the same for me.

family car

SlightlyPerfect
Today at 7:59 AM
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:05 PM

There is a big difference between envy and jealousy.

slightlyperfect

SlightlyPerfect
Today at 7:59 AM
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:08 PM

I think you have to keep things in perspective. It's all about how you use information. If you use others' plights to appreciate the lack of trauma in your own situations, that's just as bad as using others' successes to undermine your own. If you do this, that's jealousy. But if you use others' successes as a set of criteria by which you judge whether you are successful and happy--by wanting to learn from that success because you want it for yourself without wishing them ill--that's envy. Big difference there.

Quoting elasmimi:

Quoting momofsixangels:

slightlyperfect

AzariahsMother
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:26 PM
Not really
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Not anymore.

wedding countdown

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)