Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Soup

Posted by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:25 PM
  • 71 Replies

I love homemade soup.  Especially the ones that are easy but taste like they took forever.  lol  I make one with cannellini beans, veg broth, carrots and onion and garlic and chopped spinach at the end.  You can add ham too if you like.  This is so easy and never lasts long here.  You also add some thyme and a couple of shakes of Mortons natures seasoning. 

Does anyone have any good and easy soup recipes?  Thanks!   :)

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meam4444
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I love making a beef roast or even baking a chicken and using the left overs to my soup with them!  Super easy...just add water, cut up the excess meat, throw in some of the bones (if there are any), and simmer for awhile..then add veggies with seasoning.  And, I like to cook dumplings in it too.  mmm

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Yep...me too...lol  Dumplings....oh how I love those!!  When we make chicken and dumplings I'm always digging those out!  lol   :)

Quoting meam4444:

I love making a beef roast or even baking a chicken and using the left overs to my soup with them!  Super easy...just add water, cut up the excess meat, throw in some of the bones (if there are any), and simmer for awhile..then add veggies with seasoning.  And, I like to cook dumplings in it too.  mmm

meam4444
by Bronze Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Me too!! I'm a carb-a-holic when it comes to dumplings!!

Quoting louannwilkins:

Yep...me too...lol  Dumplings....oh how I love those!!  When we make chicken and dumplings I'm always digging those out!  lol   :)

Quoting meam4444:

gmadiane
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 3:51 PM

I love to make soup in the crock pot and just let it cook all day, I like to make chicken noodle and vegetable with beef tips, chilli and my hubby loves bean soup

nngmommy83
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 4:12 PM

were not a big soup family actually

wandep
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 5:12 PM

Sounds great. I don't make homemade soup. 

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Sounds good!!   :)

Quoting gmadiane:

I love to make soup in the crock pot and just let it cook all day, I like to make chicken noodle and vegetable with beef tips, chilli and my hubby loves bean soup

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I've always liked soup.  Not sure why.  lol

Quoting nngmommy83:

were not a big soup family actually

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 1:33 AM

That sounds like a yummy soup!  A lot of times I just throw some things together, but some actual recipes that I like I got from the Pioneer Woman.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/?s=soup&submit=

These are a few that I have made and love:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2013/01/perfect-potato-soup/

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/11/broccoli-cheese-soup/

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/01/chicken-tortilla-soup/

lillucky8
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 7:55 AM
I like to toss veggies and canned tomato and spices into the crock for the day and let it cook for an easy veggie soup
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN