Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

I love homemade soup.  Especially the ones that are easy but taste like they took forever.  lol  I make one with cannellini beans, veg broth, carrots and onion and garlic and chopped spinach at the end.  You can add ham too if you like.  This is so easy and never lasts long here.  You also add some thyme and a couple of shakes of Mortons natures seasoning. 

Does anyone have any good and easy soup recipes?  Thanks!   :)

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Replies (11-20):
louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:03 AM

Thanks!!  These sound yummy!!!  :)

Quoting TigerofMu:

That sounds like a yummy soup!  A lot of times I just throw some things together, but some actual recipes that I like I got from the Pioneer Woman.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/?s=soup&submit=

These are a few that I have made and love:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2013/01/perfect-potato-soup/

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/11/broccoli-cheese-soup/

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/01/chicken-tortilla-soup/

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Good idea!  I think that's one of the things I love about making soup...not only is it good but you can throw whatever ingredients you have into a pot and it's going to taste awesome!   :)

Quoting lillucky8:

I like to toss veggies and canned tomato and spices into the crock for the day and let it cook for an easy veggie soup

KerryK
by New Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:09 AM
I love olive gardens zuppa tuscana, I make it at home, it does take a little while, but its so good! I also like taco soup and cabbage soup, I use V8, beef broth, hamburger, and cabbage and season with lawrys seasoning salt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:17 AM

I have a few. I'll post them as soon as my son is on the bus and on his way to preschool. Which shouldn't be but maybe 20 minutes or so from now. 

wedding countdown

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:21 AM

I love Olive Garden!  I've never had their soup but you're the 2nd person to mention that one so I'm going to have to go try it!  lol   :)

Quoting KerryK:

I love olive gardens zuppa tuscana, I make it at home, it does take a little while, but its so good! I also like taco soup and cabbage soup, I use V8, beef broth, hamburger, and cabbage and season with lawrys seasoning salt.

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Ok great!  I've got to leave for work for a while but I'll check back as soon as I get home.  Thanks  :)

Quoting Basherte:

I have a few. I'll post them as soon as my son is on the bus and on his way to preschool. Which shouldn't be but maybe 20 minutes or so from now. 

KerryK
by New Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:23 AM
I can't really eat there anymore, it always upsets my stomach, but I can do soup salad and bread sticks! I love that soup!

Quoting louannwilkins:

I love Olive Garden!  I've never had their soup but you're the 2nd person to mention that one so I'm going to have to go try it!  lol   :)

Quoting KerryK:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Basherte
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Not a problem. Going to get him ready for school now. My post when I get back will probably be a long one. 

I have a few that I really like. One that I have come up with myself.

Quoting louannwilkins:

Ok great!  I've got to leave for work for a while but I'll check back as soon as I get home.  Thanks  :)

Quoting Basherte:

wedding countdown

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:26 AM

I always order the Capallini Pomodoro and salad.  It's very light and actually low fat.  It's pasta with tomatoes and fresh basil and drizzled with olive oil.  Love that stuff!!  lol

Quoting KerryK:

I can't really eat there anymore, it always upsets my stomach, but I can do soup salad and bread sticks! I love that soup!

Quoting louannwilkins:

Quoting KerryK:

KerryK
by New Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, my problem is I see cheese and I must have it, lol. I love cheesy Italian food, I can eat it at home just fine, but not in a restaurant.

Quoting louannwilkins:

I always order the Capallini Pomodoro and salad.  It's very light and actually low fat.  It's pasta with tomatoes and fresh basil and drizzled with olive oil.  Love that stuff!!  lol

Quoting KerryK:

Quoting louannwilkins:

Quoting KerryK:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN