Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

I love homemade soup.  Especially the ones that are easy but taste like they took forever.  lol  I make one with cannellini beans, veg broth, carrots and onion and garlic and chopped spinach at the end.  You can add ham too if you like.  This is so easy and never lasts long here.  You also add some thyme and a couple of shakes of Mortons natures seasoning. 

Does anyone have any good and easy soup recipes?  Thanks!   :)

by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Replies (31-40):
deadlights86
by Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

That's how my grandma and mom made them all my life sooo yummy its even the chicken and dumpling recipe on the bisquick box.

Quoting louannwilkins:

I love chicken and dumplings.  I've never had ones that sit on top though.  I usually dig through and get as many dumplings as I can.  lol   :)

Quoting deadlights86:

Good old chicken and dumplings from a left over chicken is the best. Add some frozen mixed veggies and dh makes dumplings in the soup from canned biscuits I like the bisquick fluffy dumplings that sit on top.

AzariahsMother
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I love soup too, have no recipes though. Sorry :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:40 AM

That's ok.  There's been some good ones listed here in this post so see if you like any of those.  I'm definitely making some of them.  :)

Quoting AzariahsMother:

I love soup too, have no recipes though. Sorry :(

4kidz916
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I love soups too.  The one you listed here sounds good and easy.

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:23 PM

Yep.....there are some really good ones listed here aren't there?

Quoting 4kidz916:

I love soups too.  The one you listed here sounds good and easy.

Bmat
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Right now my favorite is potato soup. I cut up potatoes, onions, celery, and mixed them with about a third of a cup of flour.  used some chicken broth, salt and pepper, cooked in slow cooker until soft, added crumbled cooked bacon, light cream. Very tasty.

ceciliam
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Love soups and I always make mine home made. My current favorite is a tomato tortellini soup.

timon95
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:43 AM

i like making chicken noodle soup

ceciliam
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

cup chopped onion
    tablespoon olive oil or cooking oil
    pounds ripe tomatoes (about 6 medium), peeled, seeded, and cut up
  • 1 1/2
    cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
  • 1 1/2
    cups water
    8 ounce can low-sodium tomato sauce
    tablespoon snipped fresh sage or 1 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
  • 1/4
    teaspoon salt
  • 1/4
    teaspoon pepper
    ounces packaged dried tortellini
  • 1/4
    cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
  • Fresh sage (optional)

Directions

1. In a large saucepan cook onion in hot oil until tender. Add tomatoes, broth, water, tomato sauce, sage, salt, and pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover; simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and cool slightly.

2. Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions; drain. Press tomato mixture through a food mill. (Or, place one-third to one-half of the mixture at a time in a blender container or food processor bowl. Cover and blend or process until smooth.)

3. Return mixture to pan. Add drained tortellini; heat through. To serve, ladle into soup bowls; sprinkle with cheese. If desired, garnish with sage. Makes 6 side-dish or 4 main-dish servings.

I also add fresh baby spinach to mine.

arpazia
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2013 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Mmm homemade soup!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)