Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Beyoncé: “My Daughter Introduced Me To Myself”

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:03 PM
  • 14 Replies

Beyonce's "Life Is But A Dream" Documentary on HBO

While promoting her HBO documentary, Life Is But a DreamBeyoncé appeared on the February 16 episode of Oprah’s Next Chapter and opened up about family life with husband Jay-Z and their 13-month-old daughter Blue Ivy.

“It’s so much joy and I have my best friend,” the Grammy Award-winning singer gushed of motherhood. “She is hilarious and she is fire. Lord, am I going to have me a time! She’s very smart. She’s already reading flashcards. She’s beautiful.”

The R&B superstar went on to say that motherhood has been transformative.

“My daughter introduced me to myself,” she said. “My story did not feel complete and I didn’t know why, but after I gave birth I looked at my diaries and everything made sense.” She added, “There are so many connections in the film that I didn’t realize until I gave birth. Everything just completely connected and I said now I know who I am… I wasn’t complete before my daughter.”

The 17-time Grammy winner also opened up about the miscarriage she suffered before welcoming Blue Ivy.

“I felt like there are so many couples that go through that and it was a big part of my story,” she shared. “It was one of the hardest things I’ve been through. It was one of the reasons I did not reveal that I was pregnant the second time,” the songstress admitted. “You don’t know what’s going to happen. It was hard.”

Do you feel like become a parent made you complete?

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gmadiane
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:46 PM

I think its a beautiful way to feel about motherhood, I dont feel like my children completed me but they sure made my life more fulfilling and I could not imagine life without them or my grandchildren

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting gmadiane:

I think its a beautiful way to feel about motherhood, I dont feel like my children completed me but they sure made my life more fulfilling and I could not imagine life without them or my grandchildren

Exactly this

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel like being a parent made me appreciate my life more. 

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree

Quoting louannwilkins:

I feel like being a parent made me appreciate my life more. 

TigerofMu
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 6:58 PM

That's such a beautiful story, and her duaghter has a beautiful name :). 

lillucky8
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2013 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this
I think being a mother opened up a new chapter of my life and made me look at things differently.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:30 PM
No I don't think it made me complete, but I think its a part of who I am.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I agree. Except the grandkid part. that hopefully won't happen for another 15 years minimum (and that's for my 5 year old, not 1 year old. LOL)

Quoting gmadiane:

kmqw229
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Love this!0
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicasmom1
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 5:24 PM

sure she fulfilled my life

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)