Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Beyoncé: “My Daughter Introduced Me To Myself”

Posted by   + Show Post

Beyonce's "Life Is But A Dream" Documentary on HBO

While promoting her HBO documentary, Life Is But a DreamBeyoncé appeared on the February 16 episode of Oprah’s Next Chapter and opened up about family life with husband Jay-Z and their 13-month-old daughter Blue Ivy.

“It’s so much joy and I have my best friend,” the Grammy Award-winning singer gushed of motherhood. “She is hilarious and she is fire. Lord, am I going to have me a time! She’s very smart. She’s already reading flashcards. She’s beautiful.”

The R&B superstar went on to say that motherhood has been transformative.

“My daughter introduced me to myself,” she said. “My story did not feel complete and I didn’t know why, but after I gave birth I looked at my diaries and everything made sense.” She added, “There are so many connections in the film that I didn’t realize until I gave birth. Everything just completely connected and I said now I know who I am… I wasn’t complete before my daughter.”

The 17-time Grammy winner also opened up about the miscarriage she suffered before welcoming Blue Ivy.

“I felt like there are so many couples that go through that and it was a big part of my story,” she shared. “It was one of the hardest things I’ve been through. It was one of the reasons I did not reveal that I was pregnant the second time,” the songstress admitted. “You don’t know what’s going to happen. It was hard.”

Do you feel like become a parent made you complete?

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 12:03 PM
Replies (11-14):
Leelee1008
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:37 PM

I am not sure. After having my daughter I feel more whole as a person. I had my 2 boys young. she just feels like she completed the puzzle.

MamaMandee
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Not sure about complete but they defenitly filled a place in life & heart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nngmommy83
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:00 AM
Yes, they made me who I am today
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Very much so.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)