Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Doctors appointment for epidurals

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:08 AM
  • 19 Replies

My daughter is expecting her third child and she lives in Georgia, here they have to have a doctors appointment to talk about an epidural and sign a consent, if they dont have this appointment they wont be given one at the hospital during labor, I have never heard of this in my life and I think its ridiculous. Do you they do this where you live or have you ever heard of it?

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
paknari
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:10 AM
1 mom liked this
We have to sign something but not before we go to the hospital. Sounds like an overly paranoid anesthesiologist!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 12:09 PM

they don't do that here. but I tried to avoid epidurals anyways. (ended up having two c sections :( )

MamaBear2cubs
by Bronze Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I would walk 10 hours in the rain to make that appointment lol. Good thing they don't do that here lol.

louannwilkins
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never heard of that before.  That's pretty strange to me.  I would be keeping that appt. though. 

gmadiane
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 3:42 PM

lol

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

I would walk 10 hours in the rain to make that appointment lol. Good thing they don't do that here lol.

kmqw229
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 4:16 PM
I think it is fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzariahsMother
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:25 PM

It's been 12 years since I had a child, and I thought they do it the day off.  I guess maybe they just signing her up so that it's an option for her when she does go into labor.  Since so many moms now a days want to do it natural.

Leelee1008
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Not here in Delaware. They ask you if you want one at your 1st visit and you can always change your mind if you decline it at the hospital.

4kidz916
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:32 PM

I've never heard of it, but I didn't get epidurals.

ambermario4ever
by Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:33 PM

No they don't do that here I had to sign for it at the hospital right before they gave it to me though

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)