Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Doctors appointment for epidurals

Posted by   + Show Post

My daughter is expecting her third child and she lives in Georgia, here they have to have a doctors appointment to talk about an epidural and sign a consent, if they dont have this appointment they wont be given one at the hospital during labor, I have never heard of this in my life and I think its ridiculous. Do you they do this where you live or have you ever heard of it?

by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Replies (11-19):
dusky_rose
by Silver Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I wasn't interested in an epidural, so I'm no help. LOL

MamaMandee
by Gold Member on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Never heard of such a crazy thing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nngmommy83
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:53 AM
I think they have to sign something here as they request it but not before hand. Interesting
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meam4444
by Bronze Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Not here.  Is she planning for an epidural?

wandep
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 11:28 AM

I live in Florida and did not have to do that. They just asked if I wanted one and signed the forms at the hospital. LOL I guess each state is different. Where in Georgia does she live? I am from Georgia.

gmadiane
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 12:22 PM

she had her first son in Florida and no problems with getting one when she went to the hospital but she lives in Quitman Georgia now and they require the doctors appointment, I had never heard of anything like that

Quoting wandep:

I live in Florida and did not have to do that. They just asked if I wanted one and signed the forms at the hospital. LOL I guess each state is different. Where in Georgia does she live? I am from Georgia.

lillucky8
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:14 PM
They dont do that here, but i attended all of my appointments so i guess its just one more to add to the pile
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidensmomma508
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:20 PM

They dont do it here but I would make that appt

TigerofMu
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:27 PM

I have neverheard of that either!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advertisement