Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do you obsess over little things?

Posted by   + Show Post

Kiddo has started to make this clicking noise. Kind of a cluck, kind of a snap with her tongue. She's discovered the fun of it and does it...a lot...which has led to a discussion of developing bad habits. We've covered biting nails, twirling hair, the usual suspects. How they are tough to break when you start them (which is why I am getting on her about not making clicking noises). And she asked me what bad habit I have...

I obsess over little things. Could be shopping online for the right new wallet to replace the 10-year-old one I have with the busted zipper that is now entering its fourth week. Or finding that right word for a blog post. Or focusing too much on her clucking-clicking noise.

Sometimes the uber-focus on some small thing is warranted. It is a good thing, it saves us money or makes us healthier or happier or a better writer...but other times, it is definitely a problem. I waste time. I waste mental space and energy. I get caught in that circular thinking that takes me nowhere but, well, in a circle.

It's a bad habit I am consciously work on to break...it isn't easy, folks.

Do you obsess over little things? What is your worst bad habit?

©iStockphoto.com/ marekuliasz     

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:00 AM
Replies (51-51):
MistressMinerva
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Same here.

Quoting hugss:

Not anymore .. pick my battles .. makes life easier & less stressful :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN